Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sick Boys

 Yesterday I thought Wes was on the mend. His 102.7 fever had broken and he actually had a desire to eat something. Last night about 9 he started crying that his right ear hurt. And he didn't stop crying until midnight. Poor baby! He kept crying and saying, "Mommy!" and "Daddy!" in such a sad voice. It broke my heart that I couldn't help him. Brian and I gave him some motrin, we held a warm rice pack on his ear and put a drop of warmed olive oil inside his ear and he was able to finally fall asleep. Once he fell asleep Miles woke up crying and he had a 102.7 fever and chills. I gave him some medicine and laid with him until 2ish when he was finally able to sleep again. Then Wesley started coughing so I moved the humidifier down in the office with him and finally went to sleep around 3. Then Brian was in with Wesley from 3 on. Long nights are tough as parents, but when your kids are sick and they need you it isn't quite as hard.
Today Miles has had a fever and cough. I took them to the doctor and got Wesley some antibiotics for an ear infection. Hopefully Miles' won't get to that point. I knew Miles was really feeling crummy when he turned down gatorade and playing on the computer to just lay down with me. Even though he feels sick, it was nice to snuggle my almost 6 year old boy! Here's to hoping these cute boys feel better soon - and the girls can stay healthy!

2 comments:

Dallin said...

Oh man, they look so sick. What sweet boys.

nauniesunflower@yahoo.com said...

So sad! It is nice to cuddle and hold them though!