I stayed home from church with a sick Wesley today. Luckily it's a cold and not puking since he's still a poor aim when it comes to puking. He has a fever, nasty cough, watery eyes and rosy cheeks. I also kept Miles home for 2 reasons: I didn't dare ask anyone else to keep an eye on him during Sacrament meeting and I needed him home to play with Wesley, because even though he is sick he still wants to play Legos and Rescue Bots. It was a quiet morning for me so I got my sewing area cleaned so I can go ahead and mess it up again. Yay!
I love this spot. I picked up this lovely piece on the curb in Michigan. Score! Yes, it's missing a few handles - but no biggie, I can still get them open. I also love my ancient sewing machine. My dad bought it for my mom as a wedding present and it still works like a charm. My mom has sewn a great many things on this machine; from my baby clothes to prom dresses (and plenty of lovely 80's wear in between) to Sophie's blessing dress (which was made from the train of my wedding dress). I'm not the seamstress my mom is, mostly sticking to blankets, skirts and other simple projects - but many doll clothes have been churned out of this spot in the past few years, maybe one day I will branch out and attempt bigger and more complicated things...as long as my sewing machine holds up :)

2 comments:
I love sewing corners - and yours looks so inviting! Hope the sick passes quick!
I am so glad you have that old sewing machine! It has been a good one. Although I have to tell you daddy didn't give it to me for a wedding gift, it was sometime later, not even sure when. Before you were born though. It is still just as special because he bought it for me! Sew away darling!
Post a Comment