Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ultrasound...

This is a lame picture of my picture... but it will do for now.

Today we had our ultrasound for baby! It was a good reminder that next time we will leave all the kids with someone and show them the pictures afterwards because they really can't tell by looking at the ultrasound that it is a baby, and they can't sit still that long. But chances are we'll forget and take all of them again next time anyway! It was fun to watch baby move all around and curl up into a ball and not let the ultrasound tech get any measurements for a while. The baby got it's first spanking from the lady {and hopefully last - but ya know I'm not perfect and all the kids have gotten a swat on the bum at one time or another...} She was trying to get the baby to move around so she could get a measurement so she was pushing on my belly and I watched the baby's bum go up and down on the screen. It made me smile. All looks well and we declined to find out if baby is a boy or a girl. I just love surprises!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Glad to hear the baby is healthy! That is the best news to hear!

John and Penny said...

How fun to see baby in the belly! You will probably forget and take them all next time. That is funny about the nurse spanking the baby, what is her name? I think I need to have a talk with her! Love you all.

Brady and Rachel said...

I love how you say next time. I don't know if I can talk Brady into more than one more. I'm working on it. :) His number of kids seems to have diminished since we moved here. So excited for you guys!

Jen said...

How can you not find out? The suspense would kill me!!! Congrats again!!

Andi said...

Good for you for not finding out. I have done it both ways and much prefer not to find out. It leaves one last surprise in the delivery room!!

Aubreydoll said...

I'm still so impressed by your will-power, I just don't think I could wait!

Marie Lefler said...

that is what we did with Finn & it was fun. it also saved us money cuz I couldn't shop. good luck!

Ann said...

I love ultrasounds! It's so weird that they can take a picture of something so small inside your belly. It's such a little miracle! Can't wait to find out what you will be having on the day he/she is born! You better post right away on your blog! haha