Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What we're doing

Strawberries were on sale here for 1.00/pound. So of course we had to hold everything else and make some JAM! Here's Nora and Miles being great helpers. I had Nora wear a headband so her hair wouldn't get in the jam and Miles thought he needed one as well! The pink stuff on Miles' face is fingernail polish... he found some downstairs and painted both hands, his shirt and face.



This is a frequent sight in the mornings in the kids room. Sophie reading to the other two in her bed. Such fun memories for them - and me.


I love these two pictures of Miles and "Pencher". Miles loves to follow Spencer and do whatever he is doing, and eats up any attention Spencer gives him.
Posted by Picasa
Sophie did some weaving in art class at school and it's kind of a funny story because they sent home a paper saying, "Congratulations! Your child's art has been chosen to be in this exhibit, and only a few kids from each school in the area were chosen.." and her art teacher sent home a note saying "Congratulations Sophie!" I was excited for Sophie and asked her how the teacher chose whose art to go in the gallery (knowing how it would make a lot of kids feel bad if they really only chose a few) and Sophie said, "She sent around a paper in art class and if you wanted it to be in the art show you signed up for it... if you didn't sign up you got to take your project home that day." This made me laugh. I'm still glad she wanted to sign up and have her art displayed for us to go and see... But let's just tell it how it is don't you think?

Her weaving is the 2nd one above her head. Our cute little artist!
We cannot seem to get Miles on a regulated schedule! He has consistently been waking up at about 615am and not going back to sleep... which means he needs a nap. But I've tried giving him a nap at 11am and at 2pm and no matter how long or short he sleeps he still stays up until 915 or so and still wakes up at 615. I would actually prefer him to not nap and be asleep right at 8pm when the kids get in bed. That's what we're working towards. Yesterday he fell asleep in the car and Brian brought him in and laid him on the floor and changed his diaper and he stayed asleep. Maybe I should just enjoy the naps for a while longer and let him stay up later!
Posted by PicasaSweet little boy
He even slept right through the girls' efforts to wake him with loves.

4 comments:

Ann said...

I love that little Miles!! He's too darn cute! Nora looks so big in the picture of her mixing the strawberries. Yay Sophie! I think your weaving is beautiful!! We just love your kidos! We are going to miss them like crazy but good thing is you keep up on your blog so I will be an even more frequent visitor once we leave! WE LOVE THE PHILLIPS!!

John and Penny said...

What little helpers in the kitchen! What a fun thing for them to do with their momma. The headband on Miles is just a crack up. Good thing he doesn't know that you will be blackmailing him later! Yummy jam! Grandpa and I love when we are there and the kids come climb in bed with us. Such good memories for us too. Good ting Pencer is such a good boy to look up to. Awesome art work Sophie!! I am so proud of you and your talent. Interesting way to chose for the art shopw. I bet Aaron likes it! Lastly, that is one tired little man! I say enjoy the naps. love ya all.

Marianne & Clayton said...

That first picture of Nora is just gorgeous! What pretty girls you have, but hopefully you know that by now. And you KNOW we love Miles.

Janell said...

I love it when Jan reads to her sisters. I definitely need to get a picture of that. And good job to Sophie on her weaving!