Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What we're up to...

Brian is in the middle of taking comps, which is a really big test that lasts this whole week; monday - wednesday he has to write 10-15 pages in 3 hours on a question they give him, citing all kinds of journal articles - (he memorized 50 or so for the first day alone...) thursday and friday will be a take home exam. So by Friday at 5 pm we will have him back as a father and husband - hooray!! We will definitely celebrate - maybe even go to Wendy's or something crazy like that. The kids are sure missing him, especially this little boy:
and my popularity polls are plummeting more every day because the kids are so anxious to have their daddy back!
Only two more days!

Last week Miles was feeling pretty crummy and when I took him in to the doctor (which happened to be his 18 month check up as well) they discovered he had bacterial pinkeye and an ear infection. No wonder he was feeling crummy! Poor little guy. He's been on an antibiotic and is pretty much all better now. Whew. Both the girls had a high fever for a few days as well but they are feeling fine now. They enjoyed being spoiled during their sick days:
Sophie was so thrilled that Miles fell asleep on her! She loves to be his second mommy.
All three kids watching a movie in mom and dad's bed.

I found this disgusting, nasty, horrible, no-good bug in MY ROOM. SICK!
It is a house centipede and they are so fast! We like to call them the walking mustache's because of all their spindly legs. So gross. But luckily harmless!

One of the more comical things that has happened recently is this:
(you may need to click on it to be able to read it!)
Translation: Worst day of my life. I love you mommy. Pictures are: a broken heart and sophie with tears on her face

Sophie often communicates with me (when she's upset) through taping pictures/letters to her door. On this particular day, the "Worst day of her life" she was upset that we couldn't have the neighbors over - because of the sickness - for a pajama party she had been planning. Let's just say she was NOT happy, thus it became the worst day in her life. I am happy she got that over with, now when she is truly (sometimes I forget she's not) a teenager and is complaining about her horrible life I can show her this picture and remind her that she already had the worst day in her life. Haha! What a girl!

7 comments:

Matt and Emily said...

Oh man, sorry your kiddos have all been sick. That is no fun. Good luck to you all the last couple days.

Jill said...

That is the cutest letter I have seen. I love the broken heart! And, um, EW on the centipede. That is really nasty. Good luck to Brian with all that testing and to you with the kids.

Aubreydoll said...

Okay, that bug is NASTY! I can't believe you had the nerve to take a picture of it, there's no way I would've been able to! We would have vacated the house until Matt came home to take care of it. Yuck!

Glad everyone's feeling better!

Jeff and Chelsy said...

Oh those centipedes brought back memories. They were all over our basement the first year we moved to MI. the grosest thing about them is they are see-through and then turn black when they die. YUCK!

Cathie said...

Man, I had a lot to catch up on! What a fun trip. Some of those pictures are amazing - like Ronda and Sophie giggling - so cute! The worst day of her life note is very dramatic - so funny! That bug is truly gross! Good luck to Brian with his test! Enjoy your celebration!

John and Penny said...

It will be so nice for all of you to have Brian back! At least for a day or so right? The bug is GROSS! What you been feeding it? What is it's name? So happy the kids are feeling better. Nothing like a sleeping baby when they are sick is there! I bet Soph loved that. So glad she already has her WORST DAY OF HER LIFE over with! Now you don'e have to worry about her going through something really horrible! If only that was true and that was the worst day of her life! I love the new pics on the side. They are adorable kids. Sure miss you all! Love momma

Brady and Rachel said...

I got chills from that freaky bug. YUCK!!!! I love how Sophie communicates with you when she's upset. Better than yelling and screaming right? We are battling the yelling/crying/screaming right now with Camden. Worst day of her life! How sad, but I agree, at least its over with. :) Hey, what is the name of the book you guys read in raising a stubborn child? Did you find it very helpful in the end? If so, we are very interested in getting it to read, in helping to raise Camden. He is DEFINITELY our stubborn child! AHH! So cute, but SO stubborn.