I love my girls. They are so much fun to be with every day. Because Nora doesn't take naps (and hasn't since before she was two) I have finally decided to have a designated "quiet time" every day for an hour. I've always tried to have the girls do some form of quiet time during the day but have never been diligent at it. So I now put them in their beds in their room with books, turn on a CD of stories (thanks Emily Ann!) and set my kitchen timer for an hour. It has been the best thing EVER! They actually enjoy it! Most days they stay in their room and after the stories are over they just play together. Of course some days are rough, but MOST of the time they even end up getting involved with what they are doing and stay in there longer. Hooray! It has made a huge difference for everyone. The girls don't ask for TV in the afternoons, I have more fun playing with them because I know I'll get at least an hour to myself and if Brian is home he knows he can have some extra study time. I couldn't ask for anything more! (Except maybe a baby coming early!)
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Two cute girls
I love my girls. They are so much fun to be with every day. Because Nora doesn't take naps (and hasn't since before she was two) I have finally decided to have a designated "quiet time" every day for an hour. I've always tried to have the girls do some form of quiet time during the day but have never been diligent at it. So I now put them in their beds in their room with books, turn on a CD of stories (thanks Emily Ann!) and set my kitchen timer for an hour. It has been the best thing EVER! They actually enjoy it! Most days they stay in their room and after the stories are over they just play together. Of course some days are rough, but MOST of the time they even end up getting involved with what they are doing and stay in there longer. Hooray! It has made a huge difference for everyone. The girls don't ask for TV in the afternoons, I have more fun playing with them because I know I'll get at least an hour to myself and if Brian is home he knows he can have some extra study time. I couldn't ask for anything more! (Except maybe a baby coming early!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
cute girls, we miss you guys. I know that ever since we got rid of our T.V. our kids have been better.
I love them too! They are so cute and getting so grown up! Quiet time is the best! I used to have you kids do that too. Sometimes the room would be a diaster after what I thought was quiet time! Oh well, a break is a break! NO EARLY BABY PLEASE! AT LEAST NOT TIL I GET THERE! Can't
to wait to come! momma
Quiet time does rock! I remember Lex use to stay in his room for 2 hours by himself and play! I loved it!! That is what I am going to have to do with Tadhg I think he is just about done with naps. Always a hard transition, they are still tired and it is hard adjusting. YUCK! I can't believe how much your girls look alike in the pictures above! Indie likes to put hair things on her stuffed animals too! In fact she was doing it to her Carebears today! Silly girls!
We have a "quiet time" every Sunday after church. It is Brett's and my favorite thing. It gives us some time together and that is always great! Plus it helps the kids get a little extra rest before starting the new week.
Hurray for Quiet Time and Hurray for CD's, Tucker has been SO into Junie B. Jones right now. We get her CD's from the Library, he seriously can sit and listen to her for like 45 minutes. Which for Tuck is a big deal. (so if you need a new CD, definetly look into it! Also They might be Giants has a new AWESOME podcast. )
I can't believe how much your girls are growing. When you don't see them, you don't realize how they change and grow so quickly. I am glad you have a BLOG so we can get glimpses of them. They are beautiful just like their mama, can't wait to meet the next of your children! Miss you guys! (Sorry for the novel)
Post a Comment