Saturday, January 5, 2008

Back to life... back to reality!

Nora on a ride at Caesarland

Doing a game together at Caesarland

Daddy even got in on the fun - the girls look thrilled don't they?

We had fun reading the names of the cows on their ear tags

Mama and Nora enjoying our Root Beer on New Years Eve

It's Brian's job to pop the corn when we make caramel popcorn!

A cute picture of Sophie and dad on New Year's Eve

Sophie won't drink soda at all - Nora seems to have no problem!

It has been so much fun having Brian home for the past 3 weeks! I thought I'd be ready to have him go back to school and get back into the "daily routine" with the kids - but I'm not! He has let me sleep in quite a bit, cleaned almost every day, fixed some things around the house, made a bunch of phone calls that needed to be made - which I absolutely do not like to do, and numerous other things his pesky pregnant wife asked him to do! The girls have loved having him at their beck and call and I am dreading the adjustment it will be to have him gone for most of the day again. But it was fun while it lasted. We did some fun things together as a family: built a cool snow fort complete with a cave, a slide, stairs and a tunnel - sorry, no pictures of that - but trust me, it was awesome! We went on a self guided tour of the MSU dairy which was basically cold and stinky, but the girls liked it! We also painted the girls room and went to Caesarland with our neighbors- which is like a smaller, cheaper Chuck E. Cheese. Our New Years Eve was pretty low-key. We watched the Barbie Island Princess movie with the girls while we ate dinner on a blanket and had caramel pop-corn and soda. Brian and I even went to bed at 10:30!! He was planning on getting up early to study and I'm pregnant so it worked for us. Overall we've had a great vacation! The only reason I'm ready for it to end is because that means I'm a little closer to having the baby! Yipee!!

9 comments:

Jill said...

You are such a talented photographer. What a cute family!

I know how you feel about having your husband all to yourself for three weeks. I am not looking forward to Monday. So - if things get crazy just know that I'm going crazy too...a few states away. Good luck! And happy new year.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Your title made me sing the song in my head. Hee hee.

Johnson said...

NERDS!

emily said...

Welcome back sis!!! I missed your blogging! You're lucky, my husband only makes messes!! You do know that when we live by each other, in 3 1/2 years, 10:30 on New Year's Eve isn't going to cut it! We're going to eat all night long!! I love you songs, your pictures, your blog, your babies, but mostly I LOVE YOU!!!
Oh, and your husband, but not like you do!

John and Penny said...

Sounds like we are all jealous! Thanks Brian for taking care of my baby! I can't wait to come NEXT MONTH!!! I miss you all so much, and not much is better than a new baby! Nora is getting to look more and more like Sophie! Her hair is so long! take care of you all and see you soon! Mommma

Marie Lefler said...

You got Brian home for three weeks? That is just awesome. I got Jason for little over a week and it was great. He has been getting up early for work for weeks now, so we took turns sleeping in.

Nora is getting so big. And your kids are so beautiful. So when are you due?

Hey my friend has this baby countdown on her blog, it's pretty cool. Take a look at the website: http://babystrology.com/tickers/

Let us know when the baby comes. We are excited for you!

Ann said...

I'm not ready to have E.Jay go back either, I'm already missing him! We'll have to get together if you want and have fun!

Emily said...

It was so fun to chat with you guys, hope reality has been good for you and your little ones today!
By the way....What color did you paint your girls room?

Cort, Amanda, Jack, and Hank said...

Lecka-
How fun to have Brian home for 3 weeks! I love when Cort doesn't have to work- oh wait he always works, but anyway sounds like your doin great and your girls are so dang cute. I hope your next is a boy!
love ya,
Jo