Wednesday, October 30, 2013

He's now three & binky free

Wesley turned 3 in September! We'd been telling him all summer that when he turned three a binky fairy would come on the night of his birthday and take his binkies while he was sleeping and leave him a present. This is what we did with Nora and it worked really well (after two failed attempts) so I was hoping it would work with Wesley. On his birthday he and I went to the store and I bought him his present, an Iron Man lego set. He loves superheroes and he loves legos so he was pretty excited. At home he and I put it together and he played with it all day long!
The only picture of me with Wes on his birthday so I had to include it.
The cake. Yum!
He was pretty excited about his cake, and so was Miles.
Daddy lighting the candles.
Cute boy.
Blowing out the candles! Naunie and Grandpa sent him more lego for his gift. Wolverine and Superman! These made for one happy boy.
Wesley went to bed happily with his binky and new legos. Unfortunately he was so excited that he woke up at 2am and wanted to play with his legos again. After trying for an hour to get him back to sleep I gave in and handed him his lego guys to play with in bed. He played til 5 then went back to sleep. Between 5 and 7 the Binky Fairy came and took all his binkies away and left him a Batman helicopter! He was very excited and did really good all day. That night he started asking for his binky and then remembered that the Binky Fairy came and took it away. He was a bit sad but did pretty good.  Over the next couple days he would say things like, "I don't like the Binky Fairy. He took all mine binkies!" or "Mom! I have a idea. We can go to the store and buy more binkies!" and "The Binky Fairy is mean, he took mine binkies.....but I am a big boy now!" After about 3 or 4 days he stopped talking about his binky and has done great. Now for potty training....

1 comment:

Janell said...

Looks like a great birthday for him and Brian! Love the boombox!