Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Brian's birthday

For Brian's birthday he decided he wanted to go hiking at Devils Lake. So of course, that is precisely what we did. We loaded up the kids and the dog and drove up to beautiful Devils Lake. We like to go the way that you get to take a Ferry across. It's pretty fun and it's free!

After we got home we had a campfire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Always a hit.
The next day was Sunday so that's when we did the birthday cake, although technically it was brownies and ice cream, a really amazing brownie that was a copycat version of Applebee's maple walnut blondie. Wow! I have a very high tolerance for sweet things and I could only eat one. But it was sooooo yummy. 
Happy Birthday to our favorite person! He's pretty loved around here. A few months ago Brian said to me, "You know what our house really needs? Like 10 boomboxes!" I laughed and laughed because who says "boombox" anymore? Well, for his birthday he got this:
I was calling it a "portable music system" but the evidence was right on the box - they are still in fact making boomboxes! :)

No comments: