Monday, January 25, 2010

A fun Saturday & a tricky boy

We went to the Zoo at the last minute on Saturday afternoon. It was pretty warm and only a few other people were there. We had a great time getting out together and doing something fun! Oh, and the Zoo here is FREE in the winter! That made it even better.







The girls were so excited to do the penny smashing thing. And since we got in free we figured we'd splurge and spend $1.00 for them to do it. We saw a lion, tiger, lots of monkeys, red pandas, camels, birds, arctic foxes, meerkats, otters, penguins & a few others.
It was such fun to be outside! It's been unseasonably mild here lately. We ended the day by picking up one of Domino's new medium two topping pizza's for 5.99. Wow! It was sooo good!

And here is Miles' trick of getting down from the bunkbed, he's been doing this for quite a few months but has it perfected now. What a cutie.

5 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

Did your heart stop the first time you witnessed that? That boy has no fear.
And thanks for the zoo tip! I've been dying to take little E out to see animals, so for free?! (And I want the pizza too.)

Ann said...

Thanks about the Zoo! LAuren would love that!

John and Penny said...

Looks like a great time for the Phillips family! Your movie didn't work!! Just says it is not available right now. Fix it so I can see that little monkey boy. momma

Johnson said...

Fun, I miss living by a zoo. And even better that it is free in the winter!!! That is SO cute of Miles!!
Love ya!

Andy & Ashlee said...

Miles is a little monkey! So funny! I can't believe it was warm enough to go to the zoo, glad you took advantage! Looks like it was a good time:)