Nora started swimming lessons and is absolutely loving it. She was a little nervous the first week because Sophie had told her she would have to dive into the pool, and Nora was scared because she didn't know how to dive. Of course she wasn't expected to dive, and she had a great time!

She loves going in the locker room and taking a shower afterwards!

Sophie had really caught the reading bug lately! It's funny how things just happen so quickly sometimes. She has been reading simple books for quite some time, but hadn't been able to read chapter books on her own. She finished her first chapter book completely on her own, The Magic Tree House Dinosaurs before Dawn, and started her next one last night. I love watching her love to read, especially because I have always loved reading. What a sweet girl she is.

Here she is reading during dinner. I don't want that to become a habit but it was the first day she started this book and she was so excited.

Our church changed times with the new year so Miles' nap is right during church. We haven't quite figured out what to do about it yet - skip the nap or give him a late one and then have him up later that night? He fell asleep in Brian's arms this Sunday and waking him was impossible (I tried!) so we'll just have to see how it goes. By the way, Miles is loving nursery (as long as I drop him off and not Brian) and his nursery leaders have told me he is good in there. Yay!

Here is Brian playing mermaids in the tub with Nora and Miles! What a good dad. (And yes, he is wearing his swimming suit) Nora was
very insistent on taking a bath with him!

One of the best things a mom can have is kids playing happily together! All the kids were up on the top bunk playing so cute and I came in and saw them all in their shades.
8 comments:
LMBO!! Those are great pictures! Tadhg saw the pic of Nora and said "AAh, Nora grew up?" Good Job reading Sopherdoodle!
What cute kids! Nora have fun swimming! Sophie you are just like your momma whenit comes to reading! Lexie wait til she can read the Readers Digest you will never see her again! Sound familar? What an awesome daddy Brian is to play whatever your kids want him too. That is just awesome. It IS the best when your kids really love each other and get along! Wow I miss everyone? Love momma
That picture of Miles is so sweet! Nap times are so hard to work around with church!
Darling kids Lexie!!! It kills me how much Nora looks like you!
Tell Sophie and Nora to stop growing. Tell Miles to keep sleeping through church. Great pics. Need more Lexie ones though.
Man the Kids are getting too big!!! That's it i'm planning a trip to come out and visit!! Give them all hugs and kisses from me.
I know I say this all the time but it is so funny how Sophie and Jannika do things at the exact same time. Jannika has just started to love to read. She was reading a book about penguins this morning while eating breakfast and I had to take it away so she could get ready for school! What cute girls! I love the pic of your kids in their shades!
Oh Lex, what a darling family. I am way impressed that Sophie reads chapter books - wow!
Post a Comment