Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Nora!

Three years ago today Nora Gracie girl joined our family! I had been in labor the entire previous day and all through the night (I had an epidural that time!) We were so excited to meet her - we didn't know if she was going to be a boy or a girl! We love her so much, she is such a joy in our family! Happy Birthday Nora!!
Four days old and so darn cute!
One year old and a sweetheart!
Two years old and one silly girl!
Three years old and as carefree as can be!

Here is some info about Nora on her 3rd birthday:
She loves to pretend! Once when Sophie was at a friend's house and Nora was sad about it she said to me with big tears in her eyes, "Mom - maybe we can just pretend sissy is still here!"
She adores her big sister. She loves to be where Sophie is and do whatever Sophie is doing.
She LOVES the color purple!
She loves Barbies, play-doh, dress-up, making up songs, painting and doing "crafts".
She loves going places by herself with mommy or daddy (although she still worries about sissy while we are gone!)
She's not a big TV watcher. She likes some shows - Dora, Max & Ruby and Diego - but if the TV isn't on she rarely asks to watch it.
She's usually great at sharing. If she and Sophie both want something Nora is almost always the one to give it up. (This doesn't always apply to friends.....)
She is an awesome climber! She loves the cage-like monkey bars at the park and is seriously awesome at maneuvering her little body all over them!
She is a picky eater. The girl could live on fruit snacks, juice, yogurt and fishy crackers!
She is always making silly noises!
She thinks she is turning 5 today - just like Sophie!
I am so lucky to be this girl's mama! She brings so much joy into our home every day. I can't believe she is already 3! We love you Nora!


8 comments:

John and Penny said...

How well I remember this day! Happy Birthday Nora Grace! You are a Naunie's girl! I wish I could be there for your big day! i can't believe you are THREE! I love you little beautiful girl!
It is so awesome to see that my sweet daughter's are such great momma's! I am so proud of you Lexie! You are everything I ever hoped you would be! Love you baby girl!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Nora! We love you so much, and hope you have a wonderful day today, as you turn three years old!
Love you!

Shae said...

Happy Birthday to Nora! That's so fun for you to post such a great thing for Nora, that she will be able to look at. I can't believe that you didn't know if she was a boy or a girl before she was born! I would go nuts!! Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

I remember the day as well. We were at the B. B. King concert when we got the call that your Mom had gone to the hospital. I am so glad you waited for him to finish his concert before you entered this world. We miss you and love you so much. I wish we could be there.
Grandma and Grandpa Phillips

Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Nora!! You have grown up so fast!!! We hope you have a great day!! Love ya!!

John and Penny said...

Happy birthday Nora!! Three years old! Wow you are growing up way too fast! I sure wish Naunie and I could have been there for your birthday. We miss you and Sissy and Miles and even your mom and dad! Love you Nora, Grandpa.

Brady and Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Nora!!! Wow time flies, she wasn't even quite two when you guys left. She's already had two birthdays in Michigan. She is so darn CUTE! She is the girl that makes Brady want to have a girl in our family one day. He just can't get over how cute she is.

Dawn said...

Happy birthday Nora. It's amazing how fast they grow. I love your pics as always!