Thursday, July 3, 2008

Little brother


I remember cheering and rejoicing for every milestone Sophie reached when she was a baby. I couldn't wait for the next thing to happen; teeth, solid foods, crawling, etc... It was all so exciting as a new mom, the excitement was still there with Nora but not as much eagerness for the next milestone. I took Miles to his 4 month check up today and found myself sorrowing when the doctor told me I could probably start him on rice cereal in a few weeks. Is my baby old enough for that? I thought to myself. I guess in all honesty it is me who is not ready. My little guy is growing up! Much too fast.
4 1/2 month stats:
weight: 13 pounds 6 oz
height: 24 inches
head: 16 1/2 inches
looks: above average (according to me!)

His weight and head were in the 5-10 percentile and his height was in the 15-20 percentile. Which is strange because he doesn't seem that small to me! Some of his likes right now are: playing with his toys, sucking on his hands, kicking in the bathtub, and getting attention from his sisters! And he can roll from his back to his belly. One of my favorite things to do is put a picture of the girls up on the screensaver of our computer and hold Miles up to it. He will sit and smile and laugh and "talk" to the screen for a long time! It is so adorable! This boy loves his sisters!

4 comments:

Jeremy & Andrea said...

hooray for the little men of our lives! i'm sure the next time miles and will get together they'll seem so much bigger! love you guys

John and Penny said...

It is so hard to have them grow so fast isn't it? He is so adorable! I miss that little guy! Give him naunie kisses please! Cereal! Are you sure it is a good dr? love you

emily said...

I can't believe how big he is! They get big so fast! I guess that is why we keep having more! He is so adorable! I wish I could hold him, he and Olive could get into a lot of trouble together!

John and Penny said...

What a great little guy. I sure miss holding him and seeing all those smiles. Babies do grow too fast! Especially when you live far away and we only get to see them once or twice a year. We miss you all and sure do love you. Grandpa