Friday, February 29, 2008
Lucky Me!
I woke up this morning feeling so very blessed to have 3 beautiful and healthy kids, and to be able to be with them every day! They are all at such fun ages right now. Sophie is so smart and talks and acts so much older than her 4 1/2 years! She has been such a good helper with Miles. She loves to sit and hold him and if he starts fussing she tells me, "He's okay mom, I got him!" It is so cute to see the love she has for him and her natural care taking instincts. She was holding Miles the other day and told me, "Mommy - when I grow up I want to marry this little man!" She has been so cute at helping me out, too. Yesterday lunchtime had come and gone and I hadn't made anything for the kids yet. After feeding Miles I went into the kitchen and Sophie was busy making 3 peanut butter and jam sandwiches for us! So sweet. Nora is at a fun age as well, she is a little chatterbox and pretty much talks from the moment she wakes right up until she's asleep in her bed. She has been a little indifferent to Miles and usually refers to him as "the baby" or "that little boy." She thought Miles would be going home with my mom and said to me, "When Naunie leaves with the baby you can hold me again!" She has needed a lot of extra cuddles - which we are happy to provide! She does ask to hold Miles occasionally so I think she is getting used to the idea of having a new baby around! And of course Miles is so fun because he's so cuddly and tiny. He has been such a good baby so far - I'm really hoping that will last! I am finding myself more content to just be at home playing with the kids - probably because the thought of taking all 3 of them anywhere is enough to make me happy to be at home! I am thankful and so happy to have these 3 little people to play with every day! I am one lucky mama!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Sophie sounds so grown-up. She sounds like the best big sister. We miss you guys. Love you.
Sophie does sound grown up. I can't believe our girls are almost 5! Jannika can't wait until her birthday but it is crazy that it will be after our baby comes! The other day we were in the car and Jan said that she missed Sophie and asked me why you guys live so far away. I told her that Sophie's daddy is still in school and that's where his school is. She goes, "whoa, he's still in school?"! It was pretty funny!
Hey Lexie, this is Toni (Shumway). I have enjoyed reading your blog. You've got a great family and I LOVE that you named your boy MILES....it's one of my favorite. (I have one too!)
Good luck adjusting with 3...it's kind of crazy but so fun!!
Look how cute they all are! I wish I could hug all of them!!
Miles is changing so much already! Give Naunie kisses to them all please! I am so happy you enjoy staying at home! You have the most important job you could EVER have! The rewards are endless and PRICELESS!
You have some cute kids. That is so sweet about Sophie!! It's so nice to have help especially when you don't ask for it. Love ya
They are gorgeous and so sweet. I cried when I read about all you mom did...I think it is cause I can relate to a great mom and saying 'good by' after having a baby. It is hard! I can't wait until July to see you!
Great pictures. Congratulations on the little guy!
Love your pictures! I am so sad I missed the video chat yesterday, I hope we can do it again...
WHat a cute little lip! He is adorable!
congrats- he is so beautiful!!! Happy baby days! Mary
I can't wait to meet little Miles! Daughters are beautiful cute and awesome. But speaking as a dad son's are very special too. Love, Grandpa John
Post a Comment