Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Due Dates Are Lame

All during this pregnancy I've been telling people the baby is due "in mid-February". I really hate having a due date because chances are slim the baby will actually come on that day. Even so, my due date was yesterday and I am a bit disappointed. But I guess it's okay because really what choice do I have? And our car broke down today and is going to be in the shop probably until Friday (hooray for great neighbors and tax returns!) And since I don't really want a Valentine's baby I guess I'm hoping for this weekend. So here I am at 3am and unable to sleep. I had my ritualistic 2am chocolate milk and toast but still can't seem to get my mind to stop thinking. Maybe it's because I'm anxiously awaiting labor, or maybe it's because I just really wanted to post on my blog, or maybe it's just that darn dream I had last night about Val Kilmer dressed up like the creature from the movie The Village trying to kill me? Who knows. But I guess I'll get back in bed. And although I don't like posting without a picture - it is 3 am so it'll just have to wait!

9 comments:

Jensie Simkins said...

sorry alexis! that baby will have to come out sometime! let me know if you need any help... i'm around!

Alyson said...

I totally understand the due date thing! I try not to tell either. I am very sorry you are past yours. You amaze me how patient you seem to be with the whole thing.

Matt and Emily said...

Hi Lexie- I was awake at that time too but after a little while I got to put my used-to-be belly in a different bed. I'm excited for you to do the same. Love ya.

Aubreydoll said...

Due dates are fun.....until you go past it!

Marie Lefler said...

Lexie, believe me when I say I know what you are feeling (going one to two weeks over with both kids) I just hope this one comes sooner than later.

Plus I am with you about not having a Valentine's baby. I didn't want a Halloween baby, and I got my wish came true when she came November 5th.

Keep up to good spirits, and do share more about that crazy dream of yours!

Brady and Rachel said...

Hey, if it makes any difference, you can hope for Feb. 17th and then he/she can have the same b-day as Camden! It is starting to understand a little bit about his birthday coming up. It is fun to watch him get excited and shout "Me" when you ask him whose birthday is in 4 days. He gets the BIGGEST GRIN when you start to sing happy birthday to him. He's growing up SO fast. Good luck and just have fun with your mom there.

Palmers said...

You poor thing Lexie. I could have been blogging at that time too last night! Instead I was watching a cooking show on the couch. I came back to bed around 3 am, and my dog was being obnoxious and I couldn't sleep. It all ended in tears and me not be able to breath, which made me get out of bed again to blow my nose. Oh, I hate night time these days. I decided last night that I might consider an induction just to not have to endure more nights than I had to. Next time, maybe I'll blog instead, that always make me feel better. I feel for you and hope that baby kicks you into gear.

Johnson said...

Due dates are better than the doctor telling you two weeks before your due date that, "the baby could come any minute you better have your bags packed and some emergency blankets in the car because I don't know if you'll make it to the hospital in time once you start", and then going past your due date.
And I'm disappointed that you didn't get to name the baby after me.
Hannah

Laura said...

Hello Phillip's!! We are so glad you found us. We hae now added your blog to our favorites so we will check up on you often. My family (the Barlows) is addicted to blogging so we are kind of required to do it. Congrats on the third child, we are very excited for you. Talk to you later and please keep checking our blog.

The Barlows (Mike, Laura, Joshua and Andrew)