We LOVE popcorn at our house. And if it's drizzled in caramel and baked to perfection, well that just makes a good thing even better! So here is a yummy recipe for baked caramel popcorn - sticky fingers not included!Ingredients
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 quarts popped popcorn (or about 3 bags microwave popcorn - light butter kind works best)
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Place popcorn in very large bowl ( I have to divide mine between two semi-large bowls).
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil.
Boil without stirring for 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat. (You may not need all of the popcorn so you might want an extra bowl so you can add the popcorn a little at a time).
Place in two cookie sheets/baking dishes ( I use one big cookie sheet and one small) and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and put into large bowls, letting cool before breaking into pieces. (I have found that if I let it cool on the cookie sheet it will stick to it and make it very difficult to remove!) Now wrap some up and share it with a neighbor before you eat the whole batch - and you will!
7 comments:
Yummy. Maybe it is the Holiday season but I have been craving carmel popcorn lately. I will have to try this recipe.
That reciped looks great! Thanks for sharing. So don't hate me, but I tagged you. Details are on our blog. So Sorry!
Glad you found our blog! I just want to tell you that your girls pictures look so professional. They are great. They are just darling!
How funny, we made caramel popcorn this week too! Kyle mostly just ate the kind without caramel since he doesn't like rich foods. But the kids and I went down on the sweet stuff!
I love caramel popcorn. I am always looking for a yummy recipe! I will have to try it out.
Lexie,
I found your blog through Jill. I love it. My little Gracie and I like to turn your blog on to listen to the Gracie song. Today my oldest son figured out how to get it on my blog.
Thanks for being the inspiration!
Kim (Kelley) Reeder
www.house-of-learning.blogspot.com
PS This in my very favorite way to make popcorn!
can't wait to make this popcorn, it looks so good!
Post a Comment