Tuesday, December 4, 2007

4 going on 14?????


When Sophie was about 3 weeks old I realized that this girl had some serious spunk. And the last four years of her life have proven me right. I've gone through all the typical questions over and over again; Maybe it's just a stage? Maybe I'm a bad mom? Maybe it's how little girls are? Maybe it's just her personality? Of course I'm not saying she's a bad child, just very feisty. And stubborn. And already talking to me like she's a teenager. Today she colored with red crayon all around the perimeter of our rug in the family room (not that big of a deal - it's linoleum and will wash off) But when I brought her a rag to wash it off she first refused, then rolled her eyes at me, and then said with major teen attitude, "Mom - just forget about it", with a big annoyed sigh at the end - you know the kind you used to make when you were totally annoyed at your parents for bugging you about something? So then I sent her to her room where she kicked the door and cried, "You don't love me!!" for the next 5 minutes. So either I am going to be well prepared for her teenage years or they are going to be even worse - which frankly I don't even want to consider yet! Luckily, she is super sweet as well and a wonderful big sister to Nora. So although I get frustrated with her and figuring out how to help her I wouldn't change anything because then she wouldn't be Sophie! :)

6 comments:

C Crane said...

Lexie,
She cracks me up! Hey, could you email me your address again? Thanks

John and Penny said...

What a iesty girl she is! She will probably get it all out of her system before she is a teenager- if she is still alive! Good thing you are so patient! You are all so funny! Love ya! Mom

Jeremy & Andrea said...

abby is just 18 months and i know already that i'm going to have to take a "break" when she hits the teenage years. oh well love the good times right?

Cathie said...

Oh wow! Good luck with that Lexie! Can you believe that you are now the parent annoying instead of the daughter being annoyed?! Weird.

Emily said...

Usually I really look forward to having a daughter someday. After reading your post, I think that I will stick to having boys. They seem a little less dramatic :)

Stewart Family said...

I am so glad that someone is going through the same things. I wish I could say it is a girl thing, but I say the same things everyday with Jackson. If you ever figure it out PLEASE let me know because I need help as well.