Last week our dear friend Katy passed away. Brian had been her and her husband Paul's home teacher for a few years and so we were able to get to know them both very well. They have been great friends and Katy was such a sweet person who was always so kind to us and fun to be around. We drove down to Indiana to her funeral today - Brian was speaking at it - and it was a wonderful service. We will miss her!
Paul and Katy at their sealing in the Detroit LDS temple - February 2009

We pulled the kids out of bed at 530am to get on the road, they did great on the long drive!
Here's Sophie:

Miles (aka: Prince Charming)

and Nora (with a rubber band on her head..)

The only downfall of the trip was that poor Nora got sick... she puked at McDonald's right when we went in - luckily I had a diaper and wipes in my hand and caught all the puke in it. But I couldn't resist posting this picture - it is so cute and hilarious and sad all at the same time.

Poor little girl! We thought she was carsick but she puked again when we got home and now has a fever. So hopefully a good nights sleep will get her all better!
3 comments:
I heard about Katy, so sad. I'm sure it was nice for Paul that you guys could come down for the funeral. I'm sure he appreciates the support right now. She will be missed.
Poor Nora, it's no fun to be sick. She definitely looks miserable. Oh, and that picture of Miles in your sidebar is so cute!
I am so sad about your friend also.
Love the pics of the kids though! Nora looks just llike you while sleeping! I am going to find that picture of you! Love ya all! momma
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Sorry to hear that Nora got sick on your trip. Brice gets car sick so I know what you are going through with that!
Post a Comment