Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nora Gracie's new smile!

Before:
After:

Tears were shed by us both (is there anything worse than seeing your child in pain?! No!) but overall everything went well. Nora was very brave and even though she was shaking in the chair and tears were in her beautiful eyes she did all that was asked of her, and the dentist was excellent. And fast. And she looks pretty darn cute! She has already put her tooth under her pillow and saying she's ready for bed in hopes the tooth fairy will be tricked into coming before she's actually asleep! The rest of the day will be spent in comforting Sophie over the unfairness of it all....

P.S. The dentist also said she'll have to have the frenulum inside her top lip clipped when she starts losing her teeth. I've always suspected it would have to be because it is very thick and goes right between her front teeth and causes a gap - But we'll deal with that when the time comes!

7 comments:

Marie Lefler said...

Love the "Gracie Girl" song. She does look cute. Noah will have to have the same thing with the frenulum, I think Gwen does too. Hope the tooth fairy leaves something great for that cute girl.

John and Penny said...

This was much more painful than a tooth falling out on its own so that tooth fairy better compensate for the difference. Id say it's worth at least ten bucks! Grandpa has connections if the tooth fairy doesn't come through let me know I'll take care of it!!

Emily said...

Oh just reading about Noras' experience at the dentist, makes me tear up.
What a brave girl.
If it's any consolation to Soph, my younger sister Amy, lost a tooth before me too...
And Yep, I still remember it. But at least I can laugh about it now!

John and Penny said...

What a brave girl she is! I love that girl so much! She is so beautiful! Give her tons of hugs and kisses for me! Give Sophie some comfort too! It is hard for her! She is so dang cute and funny! Kisses to her too! Sure hope Nora doesn't do too many things before her big sis! Good luck momma! Give little man kisses too!

Aubreydoll said...

What a brave girl (and mom)! At least it's over and done with now and hopefully she found something good under her pillow this morning!

ashley said...

She still looks just as cute as ever. I'm glad it's all over for you guys!

Matt and Emily said...

I'm glad it's over. What a cutie!