For some reason I love April Fool's Day. I suppose the reason is that it gives me an excuse to play tricks on people!! Last year I did THIS. This morning I did THIS. Tonight I am planning THIS, or maybe THIS. I learned it is better to make a dessert that looks like a meal, rather than a meal that looks like a dessert! And for Sophie's snacks at school I carefully opened her nutri-grain bar and granola bar packages, emptied them out, filled them with pretzels and crackers and closed them back up with double stick tape. I was laughing the whole time! Oh wait - I'm still laughing! Hee hee. I got Brian pretty good last year, but I haven't thought of anything great this year so playing tricks on the kids might have to suffice. I'm not planning anything too much for Nora. She is obsessed with quarters lately so I thought of gluing one to the ground outside but I think that would seriously put her over the edge.... And I only like the harmless tricks.
So.... what are you planning??
So.... what are you planning??
6 comments:
Hi Lexie, thanks for the comment. I like looking at your blog. Your kids are so cute. I'm not very good at updating mine but I try. We are expecting a little girl the first part of June. It has been fun to see what you guys are up to. Have a great day.
I've never been good at April Fool's jokes. It's fun to here yours. Ya I think the quarter thing would have been crewel and unusual punishment. I sure love this new picture of Sophie. But she looks to grown up! Love you, John
I am dying over this. I totally did grilled cheese from Family Fun for Andy today. The grilled cheese got him pretty good. Great minds think alike! Hope you got the kiddos good.
Thanks for the ideas!! I remembered what you did last year, it was pretty funny. I did the grilled cheese and the jello drink. I couldn't fool Maddie at all, but the jello drink fooled Corey and Chloe pretty good. Thanks again!!
hehehe--I did the meatloaf/mashed potatoes thing for my family on April Fool's. The kids were excited, yet extremely disappointed...and Nate was surprised at first...but they did turn out to b very tasty!
How fun! What did you end up doing? We never really did anything for April Fool's and I just don't think I'm that creative!
Post a Comment