A few days ago we went to Sophie's school Carnival. She and Nora had been looking forward to it for a long time so when the day finally came they were ecstatic! Here they are by Sophie's school:

They enjoyed:

face painting (Nora chose a rainbow and Sophie chose a flower)

big, greasy pizza (it was so yummy!)

and some fun carnival games (with the requisite cheap prizes that were broken within an hour! But I like those kinds of toys - they have fun and then I can throw them away - no clutter!)

a few quick pictures in the parking lot

I made
these cookies for the carnival (
my favorite c.chip cookie recipe - next to my grandma's - but my sister has made me promise to keep that one a secret!) and afterwards Nora brought the bowl down from the counter and introduced Miles to the joy of licking the batter off the spatula...
And from the bowl. They were having a great time...

Sophie was quick to get in on the goods before they were long gone...

Sometimes when I see my kids all together I think -
Wow! I have three kids! Three!Our neighbors bought this sandbox and we are looking forward to a summer full of sandy clothes, hair, eyes and diapers...
It will definitely be worth it!!


We also had our first real barbeque with our neighborhood which included yummy food, great conversation and an awesome game of kickball where Brian ripped a hole in his jeans climbing fences and almost took out my pregnant neighbor with the kickball - sorry Angela! - we are so excited for a summer of backyard fun!
8 comments:
Your going to love and hate the sandbox. So much fun, and so much sand...EVERYWHERE! :)
I feel that way with two! I have two kids now! When did that happen?!
What fun! Spring is wonderful! Emi keeps begging for us to fly to your house! We will sure have fun in July!
haha. Thanks for not including the "buffalo e.jay" thing! I'm still thinking of how I need to punish him for that one!
hey lexis, just wanted to tell you that I saw that on the turtorial before I made any for anybody else and changed several things about it- from the measurements to how I do the hems and the mbellishments. They look similar- but I do MANY things differently, I disagree with a lot of things done on the tutorial. I teach other people how to use the "Twirly skirt" but I have my own pattern. That tutorial was only inspiration to get me started. And I only sell them to friends and family- I may open up a shop for the public, but I'm just trying to get these orders filled with the people I know. Thanks for your concern.
That looks like so much fun! I want to get a sandbox for Owen & Ava this summer too! But we'll see if I can talk Matt into it.
Yay for good weather and backyard BBQs! I love the picture of Miles and the spatula. Such a cute little guy!
It's funny how the fish pond is forever the coolest carnival gig. You look really great, by the way.
Post a Comment