Friday, April 17, 2009

Good News and Bad News

Bad News: Little man has been sick...
Good News: It's been warm enough for him to do this:
Which makes him feel like this:
Good News: I found this note on the table today:
Which makes me so happy! Sophie has made a friend in her class who is such a sweetheart and a good friend. It's made a huge difference - now I'm just hoping they will be in the same class next year!

Good News: Nora went to the dentist today and has no cavities - yay!

About a month ago Nora fell off the toilet (she sat down on the toilet to wait for me to brush her teeth and while I was getting her toothbrush she pulled her t-shirt over her legs and pulled her arms inside the armholes and then tipped forward..... I know it's a comical scene to picture - but with no way to catch herself from falling she landed on our tiled bathroom floor face first. About a week later I noticed her left front tooth was turning gray! After some serious freaking out on my part about her having either a black tooth or a missing tooth I managed to calm down after talking to my SIL Emily Ann (thanks Emily!) and searching the internet to find that it was possible her tooth would be okay....
You can see the top tooth on the right has a grayish tint to it

Bad News: The tooth is dying and has to be pulled out on April 29th! Which means my girl will be missing one of her front teeth for a good 2-4 years!

Good News: She'll still be just as cute - in a hill-billy redneck sort of way... but still cute! Truly I'm more sad that she's going to have to go through the process of having her tooth yanked out by a dentist than about how she's going to look afterwards. And Sophie will surely be jealous that her baby sister gets a visit from the tooth fairy before she does!

13 comments:

Johanna said...

That tooth story is so crazy. I am glad you posted about it so I can be warned for the future. EZ is not the most coordinated kid so I could see a similar incident in his future.

Matt and Emily said...

Poor Miles- is he feeling better? And poor Nora, that must have hurt!

Jeremy & Andrea said...

as someone who just had all 4 of her wisdom teeth yanked. I feel for poor nora. On the bright side she's really going to look adorable and who knows maybe sophie will loose on soon enough and then they can be matching hill billies!

Aubreydoll said...

Oh no, poor Nora!! That must've hurt! I hope her experience at the dentist isn't too bad when she goes back in!

On a different note, I can't believe how grown up Miles is looking!

John and Penny said...

I'm so glad little man is feeling a bit better! ILOVE Sophie's note. She is so awesome! I am so happy she has found a friend! I love her writtings! She really is one smart cookie! Poor litle Gracie girl! It is a good thing she is so DANG cute! I love that little one! Oh ya, I love them all! She will make it through it, although it is hard to see your little ones go through tough thing. Good thing you have a great Denist! Good luck with that! KIsses to you all!

Emily said...

Oh Lexie. I am so sorry, I have been thinking of Nora ever since we talked, hoping that the tooth hadn't died. :(
Give your kids a squeeze from us.
Love you.

Johnson said...

I wish I was there, I would pull her tooth out with the vice-grips. My kids won't let me pull their teeth anymore, I wonder why? We hope they feel better.

Andy & Ashlee said...

Sophie's note is so sweet! Poor Nora, but it is true that her cuteness will definitely overpower a missing tooth. Hopefully all will go well with the dentist, I'm sure she will love getting a visit from the tooth fairy! We are glad Miles is on the mend. He looks pretty cute snoozing on the couch.

Marie Lefler said...

Poor Nora. Noah had to get two baby root canals on his two front teeth for running into the stairs with his face, and then two caps were put on. Promise you that pulling the tooth will be a much more painless process. They had to completely knock him out, which was the most difficult party for me.

Good luck with the tooth thing and make sure to send pics of your hillbilly girl!

Brady and Rachel said...

Hope that cute little guy gets feeling better soon. Glad the weather has been nice for you guys, we are getting some great weather here as well. Sorry to hear about Nora's tooth, I feel bad for her. No fun. Glad there are no cavities, I guess she will match Charli now, though Charli doesn't have to be toothless quite as long. Its amazing how many kids have to have their tooth pulled for breaking it, etc. Brady's nephew also had his pulled earlier than Nora, and is still toothless and he's 6 now I believe. I know she'll be darling still though, no doubt about it. Camden cracked his front tooth at disneyland last year (fell face first into a brick sidewalk), fortunately it didn't end up turning grey afterall, just has a small crack still near the top. However the dentist is going to keep an eye on his underbite, and poor kid might have to start orthodontics around age 6 if it gets any worse. He's had it since birth, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Andi said...

the 29th must be the day for the dentist. Ashton has to get fillings that day. I am so nervous. I hope that he doesn't end up hating the dentist! Good luck and I am sure that Nora will be just as beautiful. Your kids are so cute!

emily said...

I love those pics of Miles! So cute! I am glad he is feeling better. Poor Nora! I remember getting all four of my incisors pulled when I was really really young! I think they took almost 4 yrs to grow back now that I think about it! But just thinking about her getting her front tooth pulled just makes me cringe!!

emily said...

PS I am sooooo happy Sophie is liking school now! What a relief!