Today my dad would have turned 53. And the older I get the more I realize how young he was when he died (42). He packed a lot of life into those 42 years and I love telling my kids about him. So today I am making a birthday wish in his honor: May my children be blessed to have his sense of humor! Happy Birthday Dad. Miss you.

7 comments:
He did pack a lot in his years!!! He was funny. I think I was always laughing whenever I was over at your house!! I hope you get your birthday wish. Cute picture of your mom. lol.
AAhhhh haahhhh!!! That picture rocks!!!! Miss you daddy!!!! I really miss my whole family! What would it be like to go back just for a day........
Happy Birthday Cory! I think about him often! So just a quick memory of my dear friend, I remember that he loved the Titanic and he said that he would take me on a date to it. So whenever I watch Titanic I think about him the whole way thru! I love this picture! It is exactly how Cory was and it is so funny of Penny! I love it!
Such a lovely picture of me! Thanks sweetheart! It is awesome of daddy too! I hope you remember the trip, we drove Terry's truck all the way to Denver with that small car in the back! You and Mandy rode with us, taking turns sitting on the floor! I can' believe Nancy even let her go! It was a great trip though! I think you two spent 5 hours in K-mart that day throwing sticky balls on the ceiling! On the way home we drove Terry's BMW and had a blow out on the snowy roads! We ALWAYS had such great trips! Thanks for the memory of this one! I miss him.
P.S. I love the song you have playing with this! What a life we had! Where did it all go???
Oh man Lexie- I was just thinking about you and your dad a couple of days ago since I have been thinking about my dad alot lately- well when am I NOT thinking about him a lot it seems like. And then I read your comment on my blog and I'm glad I saw you posted this. I just remember coming to your house after your dad died and yuck- I felt soo sick for you cuz I could sort of relate to that feeling. I had plans with friends that evening and ended up being almost 2 hours late to meet them because I sat in my car for hours and cried. I told myself that every year for the rest of time I was going to send you a card to let you know I was thinking about you and your family, and then I lost touch with you for too long. But anyway- I think its awesome that you have so many great memories of your dad to share with your girls- i love it. I don't know one person that knew your dad or even knew of him and didn't just think he was awesome. I hope you feel him close by always and how happy he must be watching you and the great life you and Brian have made together. Thanks for your comment on my blog.
Post a Comment