Thursday, March 12, 2009

One Year Update... a little late

Miles turned one last month and is such a sweet boy. I love the stage he is at right now (I think I've said that at every stage!) His personality is showing more and he is just so fun! Here are some things about our Miles at one year old:

* He loves to make noise. He will carry something around in his hand (a pot lid, a ball, a spoon, etc.) and bang it on different objects (fridge, wall, floor, etc.) just to see what kind of noise it will make. He gets a very satisfied look on his face the louder the noise is.
* He enjoys pulling his sister's hair and laughing joyfully when we sternly tell him not to.
* He is figuring out how to make new sounds and will make the same sound all day long, and the next day move on to a new one.
* He could watch out the window ALL day long. He will walk over to the window - point to it and yell and jabber and grunt until someone picks him up and lifts him up so he can see outside.
* He loves watching the garbage man come and empty our garbage can. The garbage man always waves to us on Wednesday mornings. Very cute (I mean Miles, not the garbage man).
* He is still mostly easygoing and loves to wander around the house exploring & destroying drawers, garbages, baskets, etc...
* He is sleeping well! We recently moved him into the girls' room and they have all done great at adjusting to it. (We put Sophie & Nora in bed at 8, wait until Nora falls asleep at about 8:30, let Sophie come out, put Miles down - he cries for a bit, then when he's asleep we let Sophie back in! Whew!) I took the crib down to make room for a dresser and right now his playpen is in the closet, where he'll stay until we move him to a toddler bed :)
* He loves technology; banging on the computer or carrying the cell phone or ipod around.
* He knows how to throw a fit. He drops to the ground and throws his head back if he is upset about not getting his way.
* He is learning how to share. And by this I mean he has learned to get very mad when someone has something he wants!
* He doesn't say any words yet but knows how to get what he wants through grunting, yelling, pointing and jabbering.
* He knows how to sign "more" but usually only uses it in regards to toys... both the girls used it for signing "more food", but Miles will stand in front of the closet in their room and point up to the toy he wants and sign "more".
* He has 8 teeth - four on top and four on bottom (and two more on top getting very close)

I'm sure I could continue but those are the things that stand out to me the most about Miles right now. He is a joy and provides great entertainment for us all.

7 comments:

Kyle and Janell said...

"I love technology, but not as much as you you see, but I still love technology, always and forever..." Tee hee, that was the song that came into my mind when reading about how Miles loves technology! Cute boy!

John and Penny said...

He is so cute sure wish I could come with Naunie when she comes! Thanks for the pictures as soon as I get a new wallet picture holder he will be there. Love ya'll lots.

John and Penny said...

What a sweet little guy! I can't wait to see you all! Isn't it fun to see the growth in a child. They learn so much being so little! He is adorable! The night time routine sounds crazy! But hey what ever works! Love ya!

Brady and Rachel said...

That is such a cute picture. What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

The little man has style and class. I am glad to see my genes are carried on??? That is the best ever pic. Give each of the kids double kisses from grandpa and grandma.
Love all of you.
Grandpa Phillips

emily said...

So cute!!! Paul thinks this picture is cute!! It's like an old man putting on his hat to go for a walk!

Cathie said...

Darling little boy! It is so fun to read about his personality. I hope to know more of him in person someday.
BTW: Your donuts look AMAZING! Mmmm...