Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dieters Beware!

Nothing better on a cold, rainy day than hot & delicious homemade doughnuts......
Find the recipe HERE.

* I doubled the icing recipe and used almost all of it.
** And I don't have a deep fryer so I used a skillet with about 3 inches of oil and a candy thermometer. I would recommend turning the burner on medium while the doughnuts are raising and giving it plenty of time to get to 350. I started my burner on high and it got my oil way too hot and a few lovely doughnuts were a bit scorched..... But still edible of course :)

11 comments:

John and Penny said...

Looks like I might have to try them! I have never been good at diets anyway!

Ann said...

You never cease to amaze me in your baking talents! Thank you for sharing those lovely doughnuts with us! I'm so glad we're neighbors!:)

Johnson said...

Yummy!! You are quite the baker!! I can't wait to try them!! Thanks

Amy Teeter said...

Lexie that is what I do every day! I just wish I could do it at home and not at work!

Matt and Emily said...

Those look so yummy. I will probably just have to make those very soon!

Brady and Rachel said...

I am VERY impressed with Sophie's drawing skills. Its been fun to watch Tayson get better and better, but she's got him beat and me for that matter. Sorry to hear about the troubles she's been having in school. Tayson has been doing pretty well in preschool, but I have fears that we will be facing similar issues one day, likely in kindergarten as well, since he is such a sensitive child too. I'm curious to know what the teacher says and how you guys figure out to handle things, as we'll probably need advice later on too. Hope things improve very soon for her. She was SOOOO EXCITED to start school, it tears my heart to think she is not enjoying it as much as she should be able too. Hang in there too mom. I would be heartbroken too for my child. No one wants to see their child unhappy and sad especially when you can't fix it easily yourself. Wish you guys the best.

Aubreydoll said...

Mmm, yum! Those look delicious!

JoAnna Bischoff said...

Those look so so good.... This is a very mean game to play with someone in China, putting up pictures of really really good food. :)
Just kidding love you guys and miss your tons

John and Penny said...

Sure Lexie now your mother had to make some and they are so good! I am trying to lose weight. How can I possibly lose weight with this kind of cooking? No is not in my vocabulary when it comes to hot fresh donuts!

Aaron and Kristi said...

Oh, those look WAY too good! I was just recovering from the holidays, and you have to show me something like that!!! BTW: Sophie's drawings are super cute!

Shuman X Seven said...

OOHHH I can't wait to try them for FHE!!!!