This weekend Brian and I were able to go to Bay City, Michigan completely and utterly ALONE. This is a remarkable thing because neither of us can remember the last time we were alone for more than a few hours...... I think it was just after Nora turned one. So... it's been awhile. We traded with our neighbors a few weeks ago during spring break and we took their three kids in while they went on an overnight trip. We were planning on going during spring break as well, but Brian and Sophie ended up being sick. So we ended up going this weekend - and it was wonderful. It was so amazing to have a peaceful car ride together and carry on a conversation without being interrupted and listen to something other than kid songs or stories on cd! I learned a lot about what Brian is doing in school right now and his goals for the coming months. Which is very nice because it bothers me sometimes that he is up at the school every day working on stuff that I don't know anything about, with people that I don't know anything about! So now I know. Okay, I may have already forgot. But I did know! We had a fun time shopping for a few things, going out to dinner, relaxing & swimming at the hotel and playing card games. We both came home feeling refreshed and more in tune with each other.
Of course, we love doing this...

11 comments:
I'm so glad you were able to get away and have a good time together! I want to hear more about your trip!
Good for you guys. It is so nice when you get to have those moments!
Glad that you could get away for a day or two. Such a cute post, and what a cute couple you two make!
You two have always been such a cute couple! it is no surprise that you have such a very cute family!
Lexie, I totally understand what you feel about your husband doing so much and feeling so clueless, (and then forgetting later!) that made me laugh. I think I'm much like you. Including impulsive/spontaneous... which is why I don't have blog right now... anyway, cute post!
Aaaaa-MEN!
That is a fair trade! I'm so glad you have such great neighbors! You know if you didn't live so STINKIN far away I would watch the kids WHENEVER you wanted! I love the cute pics! Wow I will be there soon! Can't wait!
Darling post!! You know, the best gift you can give a child is to love their father with all your heart! What a wonderful gift you gave to your children!!!! ;)
I love the pic of the two of you together. What a great pic.
Love ya,
dad phillips
Great pictures! You know when you momma comes to see you it is a gift from both of us. Except Penny get's to give and receive! Do you feel sorry for me yet??? Don't say that I can come too cause if I could I would!!!! Love and miss all of you. Grandpa John
How fun! Those moments are SO special.
Post a Comment