Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday by Sophie

Sophie got a hold of my camera yesterday and took some pictures. It was fun to see things from her perspective, and luckily I've taught her how to hold it carefully!
She told us - "Okay everyone - get together!"Miles was sitting on the floor in front of us but apparently he didn't make it into the shot.
A necklace she's been working on
Nora and mama being silly
Daddy doing dishes - not an uncommon thing on Sunday evening. :)

Our family picture - before we had Miles
She told me she had to take a picture of this picture because it is very special to her.
My favorite painting ever - done by my dad. I guess Sophie likes it, too!
Miles playing with his toy in the corner.
My dead plant. I have a very black thumb. Very.
Some bread we had for dinner (thanks for the recipe Emily!)
Miles - looking a little scared or surprised at something...
The photographer herself, with her favorite little munchkin!

This morning we awoke to this out our back door! I know, it isn't much but that means I got to break out the Christmas music (I try to wait for the first snowfall or the day after Thanksgiving - whichever comes first. I don't think I've ever had to wait until after Thanksgiving!)
Nora was up and in her snow clothes before breakfast and wanted to go build a snowman. We may have to wait for a bit longer to do that.

13 comments:

Brady and Rachel said...

What a great photographer, takes after her mom. How fun for snow. I never thought I would miss snow, but after not having it last winter (since we were in warm weather) and knowing we will likely not get any here, I do miss it a little. Mainly because Tayson talks about how much he wants it so he can go sledding and build a snowman. I feel bad when he talks about this knowing it won't happen here. He thinks for sure there will be snow in Utah for Christmas when we go and he is planning to do it all there, I'm just hoping mother nature doesn't disappoint him. Hoping for the best. At the same time hoping the weather is good on Christmas Eve as that is when Brady will have to fly in. Nora's hair is SOOO long. Love it. Miles is sure growing.

Shuman X Seven said...

Wow!! She is a wonderful photographer!!! Those photos are priceless.

John and Penny said...

Great job Sophie! Just like your momma. Can't get enough pictures of your family! We just got some snow too about the same amount. Love you all, Grandpa

Matt and Emily said...

Awesome Pictures Sophie. How did you guys like the bread? Did you cut some bangs for Nora?

Owen wants to type hello- oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(this says Owen)
mmmmmmmm (this says Sophie)
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvvvvvvvvvvvv (Brian)
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
(Nora)

John and Penny said...

Great pictures Sophie! You are awesome! I love everyone of them, especially the one of the dead plant and the necklace! Hey that is one of my favorite paintings, the of the red house! So glad you have it and love it too! Love you all so much! Have a great time building that snowman Nora! Give kisses to all PWEASE! Naunie

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

You have trained your little photographer well. That is so fun that she can take pictures like that, she did so well. I love the dead plant, don't feel bad I can't keep one alive either... I just don't have the right touch. I can't believe how long Nora's hair is.... so beautiful. Well I hope you have fun holidays. =)

emily said...

Way to go Doodle!!! Nice job with the pics!!

Johnson said...

Great job Sophie!! You're a natural!!

Anonymous said...

Good job Sophie. Will you take pictures of my roses this summer?
Love
Grandpa Phillips

Ann said...

those pics are really good! she does a better job than me!

P.S. THANK YOU so much for dinner the other night, it was delish!! It was really nice of you to think of us. We are so blessed to be living by you guys, you're such an awesome family!

Aaron and Kristi said...

Lexie, your family is so cute! Your little Nora reminds me of my Hallee. I'm so glad to hear your all doing well, and liking it in Michigan!

Cathie said...

She really is an impressive photographer - centered and all. I am with you on the Christmas music. We have had a foot of snow for over a month and I think we need to decorate Christmas - Keith and Colter say no!

Dawn said...

Looks like she's going to be a great photographer like her mother!