Miles turned 5 this month and has been SO excited for his birthday. Everyone else in the family has birthdays between May and September so he was pretty anxious to have his birthday come. Ever since Wesley's birthday in September we've been telling him when it's winter and after Christmas it will be his birthday. He started counting down on the calendar about two weeks before, every day telling me how many days until his birthday. He wanted to open his presents right away so we let him open one right after breakfast:
He has watched the videos of this hotwheel track set on youtube dozens of times so I was pretty excited to find it in the after Christmas clearance section at Target! He (and Wesley) were both pretty excited about it! He was so sweet to Wesley, the track came with 18 cars and right away Miles said Wesley could have some of them. Awww. We decided to let him choose something fun to do as a family and he chose.... Chuck E. Cheese! We had some friends from Michigan, the Allee family, looking for homes here who are moving here this spring and they came with us. It was crazy busy at Chuck E. Cheese, but Miles had a great time. We came home and had Rescue Bot cake!
I love that my girls love decorating cakes because then all I have to do is make it and let them do it! I'm not a cake decorator. In fact every birthday I think the cake is a waste of time.... the kids mostly eat the ice cream and take 2 bites of the cake and are done! Brian and I each had a piece and the rest went down the garbage disposal (which is why I need my Michigan neighbors to deliver it to!) But you've got to have a birthday cake, right!? He also opened two more gifts after cake - the Rescue Bots Chase and Blades. Now he and Wesley have all 4 from Season 1 (which is all they have seen because we have Netflix) They have been playing with them a lot! So fun.
And he did love the cake! So I guess it was worth it. :)
My cute little birthday boy! A few things about Miles at 5 years old:
* He loves Batman, Rescue Bot Transformers & is still hanging on to Thomas the train although he doesn't play with his trains that much anymore.... sad!
* He loves school!
* When he thinks something is funny he laughs so hard he can barely breathe and it makes the rest of us laugh hard, too.
* He does not want to take swimming lessons! I've been trying to sign him up for a few years but he always refuses. He is like me and afraid of the water I guess.
* He is a good big brother to Wesley.
* He is good at computer games and loves his daily computer time!
* He loves when he gets to sleep in the girls room on Friday nights and usually asks a few times each week if he can sleep in there.
* Sophie and Nora read to him often at bedtime and he loves that.
While we were at Chuck E. Cheese there were some friends from our ward there and they had a bunch of extra circus tickets for that night so Brian ended up taking Sophie, Nora and Miles to the circus from 7 - 10pm. They had a great time with dad. What a great birthday!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to our favorite Miles! I am so sad that we could not be at the birthday party!!!!!!!!!! Miles is still the favorite in the Johnson house. We are moving to Hamilton Canada, isn't that crazy!!!!
What a sweet birthday boy! I can just hear that little laugh and it makes me laugh too! Looks like a fun day for our Miles!
Post a Comment