Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summer Vacation Part 6: Sophie!!

Sophie turned 8 on our trip and had a very memorable birthday! She was baptized a member of our church, and she was able to get her ears pierced this year. She has been asking since she was 3 if she could have her ears pierced, and we've been telling her every year that she had to wait until she was 8. She was very excited. I am so glad we waited though, she has had to clean her ears 3x every day and she is old enough to do it herself, I know there's no way I would have remembered to do it! Here she is outside the mall:


We celebrated with a doughnut birthday cake at Sophie's request, she loves doughnuts! Her baptism was the Saturday after her birthday and it was wonderful. It was so great to be with our family and friends. Thanks to all those who made the trip down for it!
Great Grandma Johnson, Naunie, Me and Sophie.
Sophie with her Great grandma Betty. She's a special lady! We sure love her.
Me and my girl. Can she really be 8!?
Daddy and Sophie
Sophie with her doll, Sabrina Abigail, and her stuffed dog that our friend Ryan Seedall brought for Sophie. When Sophie found out she was going to be baptized in Utah and not Michigan she was a little sad because the primary teacher in Michigan gave the kids in her class these dogs that you have everyone sign their names on. Ryan happened to be in Logan for school related stuff and was able to come to Sophie's baptism, and he brought her this dog. She was very excited and it has been sitting on her nightstand ever since.
Grandma and Grandpa Phillips gave Sophie this beautiful jewelry box with some pretty butterfly earrings. (Nora looks like she is feeling sad about it all, but she wasn't.) Naunie and Grandpa gave Sophie a doll bed for her American girl doll, which Sabrina has slept in every night! We bought her "chocolate chip", a dog at the American girl doll store for Sabrina. Sophie is a lovely girl in so many ways and we are so grateful for her in our family!

2 comments:

John and Penny said...

That Sophie IS a very lovely girl! It was so much fun being able to there for that special day with her. I just love her to pieces! What a girl, and what a wonderful day. I am so glad she was baptized close enough to have so many family members there. I loved how her and John sang together and I know John loved it too! It is hard to believe that you have an eight year old.

John and Penny said...

She is a special girl. I listen to her CD all the time. She has such a sweet pure beautiful voice. That reminds me. I haven't sent her and Nora's copy yet sorry I'll get it sent tomorrow.