Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nora turned 6!

Our Nora Gracie-girl turned 6 last month! I think she had a pretty great day. We went to the community swimming pool that's just a few blocks away and she got to go on the slide! They didn't allow anyone to help or wear life jackets so Nora had to come out of the slide and swim to the edge all by herself. I realize there are kids who are able to do this at a much younger age, but since we've only had the girls do one round of swimming lessons each, this was a big thing for us. And she did it! I stood by the edge of the pool (just in case) and watched her do it. And was she ever proud of herself! So cute. I think she went on the slide 27 more times after that.
We made this GIANT pinata. Maybe too giant? I think the candy we added came up to where Nora's hands are in the picture!! But it was fun. And very sturdy.
I love that both my girls are such planners. Nora and Sophie planned the games they wanted to do and I let them :) I'm not exactly sure what they did, but they had fun doing it. I know there were balloons involved.
Since we just moved here we don't really know anyone so the party was nice and small. We had our neighbors over and their sister-in-law happened to be over at their house so she came over as well. It was nice and low key.
Weird thing happened - after the pinata aftermath there was actually candy left over in the grass. What? I finished picking it up but I guarantee that never happened in the 4 years we were in Michigan! I think it was because my kids were the oldest ones there, our neighbors kids are Miles and Wesley's ages so once everyone had some candy they stopped searching. (That's the house we are renting in the background)
Yellow cake. Yellow Frosting. Yellow sugar polka dots. Yellow candles. Yep, she likes yellow!
Cake time.
We love this girl! Happy Birthday Nora!

4 comments:

Kyle and Janell said...

Fun party! I have one of those girls who LOVES yellow too!
Glad you guys are getting settled in. I liked the pic of Miles in the cooler a few posts back. It brought back memories of our San Diego trip:)

Tim and Angela Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Nora! I LOVE THE PINATA! How in the world did you make it? I wish we could have been there. We are missing you!

John and Penny said...

She is my yellow loving girl!!!! I have to admit it is a great color:) What a fun party she had. The cake and the pinata are so cute. Nora you are beautiful! Happy Birthday!

Johnson said...

happy Birthday Nora!