Tuesday, April 5, 2011

6 months!!

Is there anything more lovable or adorable than a baby? Looking at these pictures almost makes me want to run upstairs and wake him up from his nap just to hold him!
This little man is the perfect addition to our family (of course). He is beloved by all and none of us can get quite enough of his chubby smiles and slobbery loves.
Wesley has a calm and content personality right now and he's just so darn happy almost all of the time. He loves ripping up newspapers or magazines, his binky, eating sweet potato baby food, and being talked to and held.
How can you look at that smile and not feel happy inside?
Or that one?
Wesley is sitting up and getting very interested in figuring out how to crawl. It will be awhile yet (thankfully - I am not ready to commit to keeping my floors clean enough for him) but he likes to rock back and forth and usually lands on his face - he doesn't like that part.
He is a such a sweet baby boy. Although, I would trade a bit of his sweetness during the day for a little better sleeping at night if I could! We just started letting him cry it out at night because for a whole week he had the most bizarre schedule and was up every 1/2 hour until 1am and then back up to eat at 2 and 4.... so we decided to see how he does. The first night he cried for about 20 minutes and then woke up an hour later and cried again for 15 minutes, but then slept until 5am! The second night he cried for about 2 minutes again and slept until 4am. Luckily his crying hasn't been too intense, but I did have to stay in the bathroom last night with the fan on so I couldn't hear him. It stinks to hear him crying but I keep telling myself he's learning and it will be worth it in the end. And he doesn't seem to be mad at me in the day. :)
We sure love this boy and are so glad he's ours! He weighs in at 17 pounds these days. You may remember the nurse told me at his 4 month check up he weighed 16 pounds 16 ounces. When I took him in for his check-up they weighed him and I said it was weird that he hadn't gained any weight. The nurse looked at his chart and at his 4
month check up he actually weighed 16 pounds even, the nurse had just told me wrong.

7 comments:

John and Penny said...

OH MY GOODNESS WHAT A CUTE BOY!!!!! Of course I just want to pick him up and love his little chubbiness. I am so looking forward to seeing him. What a beautiful baby boy. You are making me a cd with pics on right? I need one of these on my wall! Love you all an kisses to everyone! momma

Johnson said...

He is so ADORABLE!! So glad we get to hold him next week!!

rhonda said...

soooo cute thanks for the invitation I love seeing the pictures they are sll so fun love you very much

Kyle and Janell said...

What a sweet boy. I hope the sleeping goes better:)

Andy & Ashlee said...

So adorable!!

Brady and Rachel said...

What a CUTIE!!! Baylee was such a content and happy baby. So content that she didn't have any interest in crawling till 11 months and then walking till 16 I think. However when she did begin walking however, she decided to make up for it all in silent happy destruction of EVERYTHING she could get her hands on. Watch out. ;) j/k I LOVE LOVE his chubbs! I used to always say I thought Camden would be taller than Tayson eventually, that way they would each have an advantage over the other (makes wrestling and fighting more fair), Tayson would be bigger built, but Camden would be taller. Camden just seemed to be growing heightwise faster than Tayson. However Brady's mom ruined that idea when she said that she thinks Tayson will be tller because he has the biggest head of all and will have to grow into it like Brady's younger brother did (6'7"). So for Wesley, I'd have to say he'll get to have the advantage of being bigger built so he can put up with his older brother, but then again in a few years he'll probably slim out of course, but at least for the time being he'll be able to a fair fight for a couple years maybe. :) Sure miss you guys! Any specific plans for Utah in July yet?

Matt and Emily said...

What a cutie! Those are some great pictures.