Friday, September 17, 2010

growing up and growing out!

The other night Sophie came out of bed and brought me a tissue and the needle-nose pliers and asked me to pull out her top tooth. This tooth has been loose since May and was finally ready to be pulled! Brian pulled this one out and it popped right out. So we are saying hello to a new phase for Sophie. Where is my little girl? Now we have a girl who is getting her grown up teeth, liking Taylor Swift songs and trading Silly Banz at school. She is growing up.
And here's me - still growing out! I'm 41 weeks today and still no baby. However, I went to the doctor yesterday and I am calling the hospital tonight at 4 and if they can fit me in I will be induced tonight at 6pm. I have mixed feelings about it. I would be willing to wait a few more days because I just keep thinking that my body should go into labor on it's own since I've done it before, but my mom is leaving on Monday and she needs to spend some time with this baby before she has to leave. So we may be getting a baby tonight! Yay! I really haven't wanted to be induced but I hear it isn't so bad if your overdue. I guess my body just wants to try everything... I had a c-section with Sophie, a VBAC and epidural with Nora and a natural birth with Miles. Now I get to see what an induction is like! At yesterdays appointment I was dilated to a 2 so that was good because with my previous c-section they couldn't induce me if I wasn't making progress. So we may finally get to meet our little late-comer!

7 comments:

Erin Jeanne said...

Bless your heart Lexie! You do look ready! I have been induced with both of mine. It really wasnt bad, though I guess I am a bad judge cause I dont know what it feels like to NOT be induced. My first one was nearly 9lbs11ozs and the epidural did not take. and the second one flipped 3 hours into labor and I ended up emergency c-section! I am like you, if I have another what will I do next? maybe labor on my own? Good luck tonight! I hope it goes well! God Bless!

Ann said...

YAY! I'm going to be sitting by the computer waiting for an update to your blog when the baby comes!! haha. Can't wait!

Allison said...

I hope your little one comes soon. I'm excited to see pictures. Hope everything goes smooth for you.

Brady and Rachel said...

You'll do Great Lexie! I've heard good and bad about inductions, but mine have been good. I was induced with both Tayson and Baylee. Tayson, being my first, obviously took a while, but not because of the induction or anything. That was Great! Camden I went into labor on my own and it came SO FAST and SO HARD and contractions weren't regular EVER so it was hard to judge the whole thing and because of all the intensity, the IV hurt like Heck because my skin was SO STIFF. Baylee was BY far my best labor and delivery and she was induced. I know everyone's body is different and everyone handles things different, but I've come to the realization that my body and inductions are the best fit. Because I'm not so tense upfront, everything goes so much more smoothly. Praying for you! You'll do awesome!! Who know you may even be dialated enough that they can just break your water and that will get things going without any meds.

This Idaho Girl said...

Good luck! I hope Baby Phillips decides to make an appearance soon!

Jeremy & Andrea said...

i've been induced with all three of mine (well Lizzie i was in labor but need some drugs to get it really going) but I love being induced. In fact we've got our induction date set with #4 so we don't have any surprise Christmas baby. Good Luck can't wait to hear!

Cathie said...

I can't imagine going over! I am guessing you have baby by now. I can't wait to hear!