Wednesday, August 18, 2010

She's a 5 year old...

Today is our sweet Nora Gracie Girl's birthday! We had a fun-filled day that began with her favorite breakfast - dinosaur oatmeal.
After breakfast we opened family presents. We got her a baby doll that can go in the tub or swimming pool, she has been wanting one all summer long. And a stroller to go with it.
Then we had some cute friends over for a tea-party!




After lunch and rest time we went to one of Nora's favorite places - Lake Lansing! It's always fun there and this time was no exception. Our neighbors Angela, Zach & Grant met us there.





After the lake we came home to have a backyard BBQ with all our neighbors. All Nora requested for dinner was watermelon and a triple scoop ice cream cone. She wanted a castle cake and a castle pinata as well.
The pinata at the store was 20.00 so we came up with the homemade version - which turned out quite nicely... even if Brian and I were up until midnight the night before finishing it! She was so excited it was worth it. I didn't know that we'd have time to finish it so I had asked Nora if having a bird pinata would be okay (they were the cheapest ones I could find). She was so sweet about it and said, "Well, some princesses like birds." I am glad we finished it for her, she was so happy to have her castle pinata.
We were about ready to go inside for bed and my neighbor Marianne asked Nora if she'd had a good day and Nora said, "Ummm... when do I get to open my presents?" She had been so patient without saying anything about it. So then that's what she did!



THANKS to everyone who celebrated Nora's special day with us! I can't believe she is now a 5 year old. It's hard to believe she looked like this just 5 short years ago:

5 comments:

John and Penny said...

Happy Birthday Nora it looks like you had fun. Once again Grampa messed up and missed calling you. I promise you and Sophie and Miles and ? I will do better next year. I'm not much good on the phone but I sure do love you. Play your song I wrote and you will remember that.
Grampa John

Emily said...

Nora, Nora, Nora! Happy, Happy Birthday!!
We love you!

Ann said...

Happy Birthday to Nora!! We heard the her party was off the hook! haha. I wish I could have a rockin day like she had! You guys are awesome parents staying up late and working on her pinata. We sure miss you guys!

John and Penny said...

What a fun day for Nora! Love all the things you did an the pinata is awesome! Can't wait to see ou all.

Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Nora!!! Looks like you had an awesome birthday!! Love you.