Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cute Miles & baby update

The other day Nora and Miles were playing computer games together... which Miles loves to do lately. He begs to do it, "Me play 'puter dames? Please!" They were playing and Nora came upstairs and told me that Miles was on the piano bench and wasn't answering her when she talked to him. I went down and found him - sound asleep - like this:

I moved him to the couch so he wouldn't eventually fall off. Cute little guy. I love when babies sleep with their little bums in the air! Although I guess he's not really a baby anymore. We've all been trying to encourage him into wanting to be a big boy but the other day Sophie said, "Daddy's the only one who doesn't call Miles 'baby'."
I am now over 37 weeks and had a doctor's appointment this week. I am still measuring 3 weeks small so I had to go back for an ultra-sound and everything is fine. I should clarify "small" since my mom informed me it is hard to believe I am measuring small - thanks mom! - When I go in and they measure where the top of my uterus is hitting it is 3-4 weeks behind where it generally should be. But in the ultrasound the baby is measuring about 4 days bigger than my original due date so all is well. It's just the way I carry - low and straight out. I went through all this when I was pregnant with Miles as well (hmmm.. does this mean it's another boy??). And I am happy to report I have gotten a second wind and am feeling good and ready to make it (happily) through these last few weeks! Yay! Bring on the nesting projects.

3 comments:

John and Penny said...

Well I am SO SORRY! Thanks for clarifying what small is. Glad things are ok.

Kyle and Janell said...

What a funny boy to fall asleep like that!
Your cake a pinata are so cute in your last post. I'll have to try my hand at homemade pinatas too:)

Johnson said...

What a cute boy! We're glad everything is fine with your pregnancy. We can't wait for the new one to come!!!!