On Monday of this week we decided to go to Lake Michigan with our friends/neighbors the Firth's. We got there about 1:00 - after a stop to get a gas can and gas for the Firth's who had run out of gas on the freeway about 2 miles from a gas station! Luckily we were just a few minutes behind them! We had a great time at the lake - it was 87 degrees and HOT and HUMID so the cold water felt so good! The kids had a blast and we left at about 4 with sand filled cars, tired kids and sunburns. And it turns out walking up the massive staircase and carrying kids through the burning hot sand to the lake and back to the car is a pretty good workout - my calves were sore for 2 days afterwards!

Miles loved this tube! The water is shallow all along the shore so he just sat in that and walked around loving the freedom he had.
After the lake and some lunch at Wendy's we took a nice scenic route to an ice cream store near home called Mooville. It's a dairy where they make their own ice cream and have a sandbox, petting zoo and swings/slide. We got there about 6:30 and it was perfect!
We had a great time (again) this year and hope to make a few more trips with the rest of our neighborhood before summer is over!
6 comments:
That looks like a way fun place to go! Love the pics of course! thanks for sharing your memories. love you all!
That day was perfections! (Even with us running out of gas.) You guys are so fun to party with! I can't wait til we can get the whole gang to go again!
Thanks for sharing!! I love the picture of miles air born and the one of Lexie and Sophie together is awesome. And I love how Nora loves nature and all her diversities! (did I spell that right?) Grandpa John
How cute are those pictures! Love them all. Miss you guys
I am so sad that we missed out on this trip! We will definitely be there next time!!!! I am glad you had so much fun though.
Looks like so much fun! I can't believe it's already warm enough there to go to the beach! Looking at these pictures makes us wish we were in Michigan :)
Post a Comment