Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Huff Family Visit - Part 2!

Here are more pictures of the great week we had with the Huff family!

We spent a fun evening at Lake Lansing....

Cute Ava - Nora kept calling her "Avey"
Emily and Owen building a sand castle
Miles playing in the water

We also went to a park here that has a splash pad. It was so fun!


Owen looks pretty excited in this picture!
And we spent a day at Lake Michigan! It was beautiful - not really warm but not cold either.
Me and my kiddos



Miles kept doing this:
Which resulted in this:
Racing on the beach. Owen has such a great run - so macho. Nora's winning in this picture but she did cheat.... she kept sneaking forward at the starting line.

My girls love to explore. They are always wandering, searching for things and examining everything. It's pretty cute.
We played a little frisbee...

Emily
Matt went into the water for this one!
Brian
Chasing the kids
Pretty Ava

Thanks again guys! We had so much fun having you at our home with us.

A few of the other "highlights" of the week:
* Brian backing into Matt & Emily's rental car - oops!
* Matt dropping popcorn, a drink and Ava in the movie theater (she was okay)
* Sophie falling off of a paddle boat into Lake Lansing only seconds after me telling her to be careful or she might fall in - and the ensuing drama that followed.
*Owen promising not to hurt anyone with his "strong body"
*Ava mimicking Miles' "rarrr!"
* Matt's yummy cooking (and cleaning up!)
* Me almost dropping a watermelon at the grocery store - completely sprawling out on the floor to save it - which I did! It was yummy, too.


7 comments:

Jeremy & Andrea said...

Looks like lots of fun. We miss you guys! Hope all is well.

Emily said...

Wish we could have been there too. Can't wait to see you guys again!

Johnson said...

As a the oldest in the Johnson Family I hereby relinquish all driving privileges to the Brian and Alexis Phillips family.

Aubreydoll said...

So fun! I can't wait to get out to Lake Michigan this year! I love your highlights at theend of your post too, I bet Sophie wasn't too happy about falling off the paddle boat!

emily said...

Looks like tons of fun! I just told paul that me and the kids are going to come up and see you maybe Halloween or Thanksgiving?? Spring break? I guess whenever since I am homeschooling!

Matt and Emily said...

Ah man, we had so many good times! What fun pictures- I think it's a little unfair that Brian looks so natural at his leap though, guess I'll have to practice a little more :). Also, I can't stop laughing about Nora's face in the picture of you & Soph, Nora & Miles. What a funny girl!

Matt and Emily said...

I'm glad that you added the watermelon incident. I totally forgot until after I'd posted- man, that was so funny. I totally wish we a video of it!