Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A walk, cute kids, an anniversary, and a lesson learned.

A walk:
We explored another of Michigan's beautiful parks last week. It was so fun to be out in nature. The kids are at their happiest when we are out in the woods exploring!



Cute kids:

Sophie and Nora "sleeping". They get so tired as soon as we mention it is time for scriptures and prayers!
Just a classic Nora picture. She is in her own little world sometimes!

Our sweet little guy in his Sunday best
(the shirt is still a bit big in the collar - but he's cute enough to pull it off!)

An anniversary:
picture courtesy of Sophie :)
Brian and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on the 29th. Our friends watched the kids in the morning so we could go out and look for something. We ended up getting this at Goodwill:
Nice anniversary present I know - but it was only 20 bucks and we couldn't resist!

A lesson learned:
Last night we had watermelon for our Family Night treat.... Nora was up FOUR times last night going potty and Sophie wet the bed! No more watermelon right before bedtime.

6 comments:

The Coolest Allen Family said...

That was a worthwhile 20 bucks spent! It is funny once you have kids, even when it is husband and wife time, it still ends up being about the kids doesn't it?

I have learned the same thing about watermelon, but with myself. I was up like every hour going potty. It is an afternoon or early evening fruit only! :)

Jill said...

Oh! That looks like a gorgeous walk. There are a few times I wish we didn't live in the desert. Then I remember the humidity and decide I'm very okay where I am.

Love the picture of your girls sleeping. Hilarious and tricky.

I think the "anniversary present" is a very great gift for your anniversary. It will provide a new activity for the kids so you and Brian can talk to one another without being interrupted. See? Perfect. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Rhett & Janice Beecher said...

Happy Anniversary! Your kids are so cute. I can't believe that Cathie is almost ready for number four where does the time go?

Brady and Rachel said...

Ill have to remember the watermelon. Miles is SO handsome in his white shirt and tie! Nice buy too, the boys will be so jealous.

Aubreydoll said...

Happy anniversary!

John and Penny said...

Is Miles really that grown up!!! He is so handsome. Nora reminds me of YOU so much with all her crazy outfits. Sophie takes an awssome picture! I love the train table. I just happened to pick up a bunch of Thomas the Train stuff at a yard sale! Love ya much! momma