I just got back last night from Girls Camp. I left early Tuesday morning and got home late Thursday night. Which means my wonderful (and brave) husband got to stay home with our {adorable} children for three full days and two nights all alone! But he rocks so it was no big deal - except for the fact that he has tons to do right now for school. I decided to leave the camera home for him so I could see what they did while I was gone - so I have no picture from Girls Camp... but considering it was 90 degrees with 90% humidity and I think I have twice as many sweat glands as normal people, I'm not sure I would have posted any pictures of myself anyway. Unfortunately when I got home and checked the camera I saw that Brian hadn't taken any pictures. But he did keep all the kids alive and happy - no easy task - so I can't complain. It was so fun to spend time with the Young Women and get to know them better - but it's good to be home.
{AND my house was even clean when I came back! I know - he's awesome.}
Here's the camp where we were at.... at least the entrance of it. It's really big and has all kinds of activities like horseback riding, repelling, swimming, canoeing, and the camp provides all the meals and snacks. There are showers and bathrooms - which are yucky - but better than nothing!
NOT the girls camp I went to growing up!
(But I think tents are better than stuffy cabins with no air conditioner!)
{AND my house was even clean when I came back! I know - he's awesome.}
Here's the camp where we were at.... at least the entrance of it. It's really big and has all kinds of activities like horseback riding, repelling, swimming, canoeing, and the camp provides all the meals and snacks. There are showers and bathrooms - which are yucky - but better than nothing!NOT the girls camp I went to growing up!
(But I think tents are better than stuffy cabins with no air conditioner!)
4 comments:
In my defense: I just assumed that Lexie would never even think about leaving her camera behind. There actually were a couple of moments that I thought about taking a picture and assumed it wasn't here.
Haha, Matt would've done the same thing Brian!
I can't wait to hear about your girl's camp experience, I hope it was a good one!
Brian you do rock! Hope you didn't cut any hair or fix anything too horrible for the kids to eat like Corey used to do while I was at girls camp! Thanks for taking such great care of your sweet family! I love you for it! Glad you are home safe Lexie! I am proud of you for taking on such a big calling with such ambition! Y.W.'s is a great calling! CAN"T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN 15 DAYS!!!!!
Thank you for coming and all the hard work you did at camp. Thank you to your husband too!
Post a Comment