Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

I love Mother's Day (of course I do!) Not only do I get spoiled by my husband and kids but I also get to remember the mother's in my life who have taught me, loved me, given me advice or lent a shoulder to cry on, listened to me vent to them, supported me in my chocolate therapy or just cheered me up with a kind word or smile. We mother's are a lucky bunch. What a blessing to be trusted by the Lord to teach our children and help shape them into the people they become. And how daunting! It's a good thing I didn't have a clue about how hard parenting is before we decided to start our family. It is so hard. But I absolutely LOVE being a mother. I am not always patient. I raise my voice at my kids more often than I should. I am trying to bite my tongue more often... And not get caught up in arguments with my 5 year old like she's 16. But the truth is I ADORE my children. I love watching them learn new things and ask questions and feel complete joy with no worries or stresses outside of our home. Childhood doesn't last long. And I really want to remember every precious, and not so precious, moment that I have as a mother. So today I am thankful for ALL the mother's who have touched my life in some way.
THANK YOU! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

And a special Mother's Day shout out to:
My momma who raised me and loved me from day one!
My mother-in-law who raised a wonderful son for me to marry!
and the three yahoo's who make it possible for me to kick up my feet and boss everyone around today (and not feel guilty about it anyway!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids don't have smiles like that without a great Mom. We sure do love and miss you guys.
dad phillips

emily said...

VERY well put sister!! That was just right on the money! Happy Mothers day. I love your guts!!

John and Penny said...

You are an awesome mom! I love being a mom, which makes being a naunie possible! Love it all! Your words are so true!

Janell said...

I think you are a wonderful mom. I'm so glad that I have great friends that are examples of great moms!

Johnson said...

I love the way you put that, it is so true. I hope you had a great mothers day! You are a great example of a mother.
Hannah