Miles has not been feeling well since Tuesday and yesterday he started coughing, running a fever, having a runny nose and just wanting to be held constantly. Last night about 7:30 I took his temperature and it was 103.3 - which was pretty high considering I'd already given him some Motrin. Brian and our friend/neighbor Ryan gave him a blessing and he had a pretty good night - thankfully, since Brian left at 3am for a conference in Texas and won't be home until Sunday night. Miles had a doctor's appointment scheduled for today, for his one year check up, so I took him in and after the check up the doctor said he probably has RSV and would need to have his blood drawn to run some tests. Because he is sick he was unable to get the 12 month immunizations but they still did the height/weight/head measurements and although his height is remaining in the 10th percentile and his head in the 25th percentile - his weight had dropped off the chart - so the doctor had to get a urine sample to run some tests for that (I was worried they would need to use a catheter but they just put this pee-catcher bag thing in his diaper until he went - pretty cool!) He also told me to up his calorie intake so the boy can gain some weight. (I told him that I would try but if he was anything like his father it would be impossible to get him to gain a few pounds!) The girls of the family don't seem to have that problem.... I pulled the baby books out and Sophie weighed 20 pounds at 9 months and Nora weighed 18 1/2 pounds at 9 months.... and Miles weighed in at 17 pounds 9 ounces at one year (he has only gained 6 ounces in two months). So he's always been small - but the worrisome thing was that ideally babies follow their own growth curve and Miles had dropped off of his. So we'll see. I have to take him back in a month for a weight check and immunizations. I'm not worried - I am sure he is fine and that his weight has dropped because he is getting more and more active and still adjusting to drinking regular milk. As for the RSV - the doc told me to watch him closely for signs that he is struggling to breath, suction out his nose a lot, turn on the humidifier, prop his mattress with a pillow under it, and give him Motrin for the fever...... I really hope it will not last too long! Or it's going to be a loooong weekend without Brian home! I figure I'd better add a picture of my sweet little guy to the end of this long post to make it worth the read! He has still been such a good boy and extra cuddly - so I'll do my best to enjoy that while it lasts!
13 comments:
Sure hope little sweetie boy gets feeling better soon! He is so dang cute! He is pretty little and I hope that he catches up with himself soon! Wish we were closer so I could help out for the weekend! Maybe soon! Love you all! Love the new black & white photos on the side! momma
Oh, man it is tough to see little kids sick like that. RSV is tough on them. Hang in there.
I hope your little guy feels better soon, RSV is no fun at all. Audrey herself has come down with the RSV bug, but her symptoms are not as bad as the younger children in our complex who have it.
Poor little guy and you! We hope he gets feeling better!! He does look like a sweetheart! Love ya!
ooooh! we hope all goes well and that he feels better soon. miss you guys!! :)
Oh no, the poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon!
If only I had the same problem as the Phillips boys. As far as gaining weight, my understanding is that the only thing that has been historically proven to help the situation (at least for one of them) is SPAM. Maybe you should try that with Miles :)
So Sorry to hear you little guy is sick! and with Brian out of town too! that is rotten! We will keep you all in our prayers! I hope he gets feeling better very soon!
My nephew has had trouble gaining weight. Their Ped. told my Sis. and Bro. to put Ranch Dressing on everything he would let them, it is apparently high in calories and fat. Good Luck!
We will keep sweet Miles in our prayers. Sorry that you are alone this weekend. I hope it will fly by for you! Wish we were closer so we could help. Love ya!
Oh man, I want to run right out there and just rock him. If he gets real sick one of us will come out. We love you guys. Hang in there Lexie and know our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love
dad phillips
Oh! So sorry to hear.
It's so hard to have a sick child. You just feel so bad for them, and they just feel bad too.
RSV is so yucky....and so is using that little booger sucker upper thingy. :)
Hopefully Miles has figured out how to blow his nose.
Give your family loves from us.
Love you guys!
Hope he feels better soon! Poor little man! I love the knew picture of him on the side!! WAY TOO CUTE!!!
Please give Miles big hugs from Grandpa John. He and you all are always in my thoughts and prayers. He sure looks healthy and he's a handsome little guy.
Post a Comment