Tuesday, February 17, 2009

He's One!

We can't believe our little Miles is ONE year OLD! It has been a good year and we are grateful for Miles every single day. He had a great birthday filled with lots of friends, toys, cake and candy! What more could a little boy want?
The birthday cake (made with the giant cupcake pan from Wilton)
The boys of the house
Miles had plenty of help opening his gifts. It was fun to watch him because he was very excited about all of his toys and loved opening the presents.
Sophie has been wanting to get Miles these baby crayons since long before he was even born!
About to dig in to the cake!
Yummy frosting!
He also had plenty of help licking the frosting on the cake! :)
Our girls think you can't have a party without a pinata! Luckily I found this Blue's Clue's pinata at the party store on clearance for 5.00. It was a big hit! (pun intended)
After the party I was cleaning up and Miles attempted to carry his cake and dropped it on the ground. He couldn't resist just a few more bites!

Miles gets to share his birthday with his uncle! So happy birthday Uncle Mike - we miss you!

13 comments:

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Happy Birthday Miles. It sounds like you had a great birthday!

Erin Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday Miles! what a cute group you have!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Miles!! WE love you, and glad to hear you had a good day, hugs and kisses to you from us here!

Michelle W. Nate said...

He is such a cute little bug. I love that cake.

Johanna said...

Good thing you posted where you got the cake pan from because you know everyone wants it now!

Marie Lefler said...

That is the best birthday cake ever! That thing was bigger than his head.

I also love that striped shirt you are wearing, so cute!

Matt and Emily said...

Looks like a fun day. Happy Birthday Miles! We love you.

Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Miles!!! I love your cake!! We love you!!!

Kyle and Janell said...

Happy Birthday, Miles! I told Claire yesterday that her betrothed was turning 1! It looks like a fun party. My kids think you can't have a party without a pinata either!

Ruth said...

And so ends the cute cake. It looks like he didn't mind too much. Good thing he ate off most of the frosting first!

Aubreydoll said...

A whole year already?! That's crazy! That cake is super cute and I'm sure it was greatly enjoyed before it met it's demise! Happy birthday Miles!

Cort, Amanda, Jack, and Hank said...

Wow I can't believe he is one already I don't think I have even seen him. My little one is already 4 months, it goes by WAY too fast!

lex said...

How cute is that!! I love the cake! Man I am a blog slacker!!