Monday, May 12, 2008

So happy together

Yesterday I had a grand vision of getting a picture of me with my 3 kids on Mother's Day all in our Sunday best and smiling happily at the camera - ha! For some reason yesterday our kids seemed to be on some kind of unknown substance and we ended up having a somewhat tiring day. Especiallly Brian. Because after all - it was still Mother's day! So when I heard the crying/whining/fighting, etc. I could easily talk myself into not helping (I was preparing a lesson though - not just being a total slacker!) Luckily I have a wonderful and patient husband! The girls picked out a picnic basket for my mother's day gift and I love it. Brian took me to the mall on Saturday and let me go clothes shopping - although I came home empty handed and he came home with 2 pairs of jeans - but I did have to make him buy them! I also got breakfast in bed and some beautiful singing from my kids and husband! And Sophie got up and sang in church with the other kids (she was too scared last year) so that was great! I am so blessed to have 3 sweet kids and a husband who is my best friend. Here is a picture of me and the kids today. These are days I truly cherish and hope to remember forever!

* While I was posting this Sophie had undressed Miles because he spit up. Then he peed all over himself and her and I found them both naked in my room! Oh, the joys of motherhood!

6 comments:

Katie said...

I was SO impressed at how Sophie just got right up to the front & sang her little heart out! I remember what a hard time she's had with that in the past- I got up when the kids started going up with her in mind because I was sure she would need some encouraging, but she was already at the front! She sure is growing up!!

Jennalee :) said...

they make life fun, eh? love the picture!! hope your day was fantastic

John and Penny said...

You do have a great family! this picture looks great to me! you arelucky to have Brian, he is pretty good and patient! you deserve it all! love you! momma

Aubreydoll said...

You have to give Sophie credit for trying to help! That's really funny!

Keiauni said...

hi lexie,
this is kyle's sis in law Keiauni. I just thought that I should let you know that kyle and janell's little claire got life flighted to primary children's last night, due to breathing complications. i know you guys are good friends, and i thought i'd let you know, if they hadn't had the chance. baby claire can use some prayers right now. so can Janell. hope all is well for your cute family. my email is: keiauni@gmail.com. I can give you some updates if you like.

John and Penny said...

Way to go Miles! It is a little boy's right of passage. Sophie, what a wonderful big sister to take care of cleaning up the accident. Lexie your family is awesome! Grandpa John