Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Turkeys






Brian's family has a tradition that on Thanksgiving everyone makes turkeys out of gumdrops and toothpicks. Since our Thanksgiving dinner ended up being delayed a few hours we didn't get time to do them on the day of actual Thanksgiving. So we did them all together on Sunday. They all turned out quite nicely (I think the colored toothpicks really helped!) The girls had fun doing them and there was a lot of extra candy left over - yummy!!

8 comments:

emily said...

How fun is that! They are so cute I think I might have to steal that tradition, too!!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I love, love, love this! I will be stealing this idea for sure! Brett and I are always trying to figure out fun traditions to start with the kids. Thanks for sharing!

Matt and Emily said...

Nice Turkeys! The colored toothpicks are fun.

Andi said...

What cute turkeys. That looks like a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

Those are some pretty nice turkeys but I do have to say that they aren't as detailed as I would like :)
And I'm impressed by the one that stands up. I tried to get mine to stand up but it failed.
Love and miss you all
Jo

Emily said...

That is some real competition! :)
You've got some real good Turkey makers there, super impressive!
The boys are missing you all, maybe we can ichat soon.

Cathie said...

Talented! Talented! I love the traditions! I LOVE the shopping the day after Thanksgiving too! I hope someday we can go together. I was impressed with all the whole pies in your picture - not that way when I am around!! I love that I get to see what you are up to. I am excited to see that little belly you have...SO EXCITING! Are you coming my way for Christmas?!?! (hope, hope)

Cathie said...

Okay, I just read your comments of what your kids say...THANK YOU for the chuckle! I love that Sophie is a perfect ballerina!