It rains here a lot in Michigan, rumor has it that we have as many sunny days as Portland, Oregon! And truthfully I don't mind it! I've always loved a good rainy day. I love to stay home with the heat on in my sweats and slippers organizing, cleaning, baking, reading books, scrapbooking, etc... My children, however, live to go outside! When Sophie noticed it was raining yet again today she said, "Ugh... it's raining again! If it doesn't stop raining, well then I just GIVE UP!" Saying she "gives up" is her new favorite expression. So after a few rainy days in a row I suggested we go outside and play in the rain and she looked at me like I'd lost my mind! So now we exhaust all our resources every day for rainy day fun: play dough, painting, barbies, reading, coloring, baking, building forts, playing games, watching tv, etc..... So if anyone has any wonderfully fun things you do with your kids when it rains please share them with me because my girls are not as content as I am in this drizzly weather.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Rainy Days
It rains here a lot in Michigan, rumor has it that we have as many sunny days as Portland, Oregon! And truthfully I don't mind it! I've always loved a good rainy day. I love to stay home with the heat on in my sweats and slippers organizing, cleaning, baking, reading books, scrapbooking, etc... My children, however, live to go outside! When Sophie noticed it was raining yet again today she said, "Ugh... it's raining again! If it doesn't stop raining, well then I just GIVE UP!" Saying she "gives up" is her new favorite expression. So after a few rainy days in a row I suggested we go outside and play in the rain and she looked at me like I'd lost my mind! So now we exhaust all our resources every day for rainy day fun: play dough, painting, barbies, reading, coloring, baking, building forts, playing games, watching tv, etc..... So if anyone has any wonderfully fun things you do with your kids when it rains please share them with me because my girls are not as content as I am in this drizzly weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Here are a few of our favorite links:
(we've had a few rainy days of our how here in PG)
http://www.crayola.com/
http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/boredom_busters.htm
http://home.att.net/~DLeddy/kids.html
http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/kids_activities.htm
Good Luck!
Post a Comment