Friday, March 23, 2012

St. Patty's Day

St. Patricks Day was 80 degrees here in Wisconsin!!! Crazy. But awesome. We went to the local parade that was pretty fun.
The kids in the car ready to go to the parade.
We had a great spot in the shade right across from the Capital. Wesley slept through most of the parade and was pretty happy eating a sucker after he woke up. Side note: kids at parades drive me bonkers. The crowding and running right in front of other kids and grabbing all the candy. Grrrr. I make sure my kids stay in our spot and don't take all the candy! If I were in charge I would have lines spray painted all along the parade route and everyone had to stay in their designated square or be kicked out :)
Some Irish step dancers.
Nora brought some of her lemonade stand money to buy some cotton candy.
Bag pipers
She even bought Miles his own stick (Sophie doesn't like it)
What parade is complete without an Elvis impersonator?

We had forgotten our packed lunch so we went back home to get it and then walked/roller skated to a nearby park. Well, kind of nearby. It ended up being a bit further away than Brian remembered it being.... about a mile and a half there. But we had a great time. I was on roller blades pushing the boys in the double jogging stroller and Nora was on roller skates and Brian and Sophie were walking with Scooter.
Sophie brought her fishing pole and lost the line out of it somewhere along the way (I hope no one stepped on it!) She was pretty upset for a while. Nora took a few spills on her skates and once was right in front of me on a small downhill part and I ran over her with the stroller. Oopsy Daisy. She was okay after a minute, and I felt really bad. Then I giggled and wished it had been recorded.
Here is Wesley on the "beach". Sadly, the lakes in Wisonsin are not nearly as beautiful and "beachy" as the lakes in Michigan. Oh, and there's my foot.
The water was SO cold! These two boys were there and they were making it a competition with Nora to see who could go out in the water the deepest and who could dip their body in the farthest. Nora proved she has a competitive streak in her and beat those boys good. She went out further than both of them and ended up going completely under the water. Which is saying something considering Brian and I had a competition to see who could stand in it the longest and I think we lasted 30 seconds. Brrrr!

On the way home Sophie said to me "Mom, everyone we pass is laughing at me. I think they can tell I lost my fishing line." I said, "Honey, have you seen Nora? Do you really think people are laughing at you? They think she's cute though, they aren't laughing to make fun of her."

It was a great day.

7 comments:

Cathrine said...

This is probably one of my favorite posts ever. Sure Makes me miss you guys! Good work Nora on beating those boys! Oh and Cute shoes!

JoAnna Bischoff said...

haha pretty much every thought I just had Caddy expressed above :)
Miss you guys.

Dallin said...

What great pictures. So is that the State Capital and Madison across from he beach you are on? Everyone looks great. I love the cotton candy and Easter Bonnets. I miss you guys so much.
Love,
dad

Dallin said...

Lexie, It was good to see your foot just to know you are still with the family since you are seldom in pictures???
d

Emily said...

Great, Great Post. Makes me miss you guys too. ARe you coming to Utah this summer? Please? Or maybe we can drive halfway and meet someplace in the middle? We'd do it.... :)

nauniesunflower@yahoo.com said...

What an awesome day! Way to go Nora! And by the way . . . looks just like something you would have worn! Love the comment to Sophie about it though. Well as usual I am just like everyone else I miss you all so much!

Jill said...

I love Nora's outfit. It has me giggling. I love reading about your family's adventures.