Sunday, March 18, 2012

A dirt pile,a lemonade stand and other fun stuff.

We have a nice big section in front of our house that has nothing growing in it. It has turned in to a popular, although very dirty, place for the boys to dig and play! I wish it was sand, and am considering taking out the dirt and filling it with sand because it's a shady area and we'd get more use out of it as a sand pile than a flower garden. We'll see. The boys require a bath after they are done playing, and since Wesley hates bathing right now I try to only let them in it once a day. Scooter also enjoys digging in it with them.

Miles and Scooter taking a little mid morning rest on the couch together.
Sophie playing with Scooter outside. He's a fast little guy!
Nora wanted to do a Lemonade Stand and I finally let her this week (since it was 80 degrees out!) I made cookies for it and she made a sign and set it all up. I tried to prepare her for the fact that possibly not many people would stop... and an hour and a half later she had $35.00!! Sophie was pretty upset because she didn't feel like helping much and spent most of her time reading Calvin and Hobbes. She cried on the couch for an hour and said, "Nothing I do ever makes that kind of money!" Oh, the drama.
This is Nora's face all lit up when I told her how much she'd made. After setting her tithing aside and giving Sophie and Miles 5.00 for helping she immediately wanted to go to the store and buy a mini tea set she saw at Hobby Lobby. It is kind of worrisome how fast money burns a hole in her pocket. (Brian says we'll have to warn her fiance about this when the time comes)
It has been so fun to go on family walks again. We took a walk to a park that is about 5 blocks away from our house and Sophie packed up her backpack with lots of things so she would be prepared for anything. This included: books, toys, a roll of toilet paper, an umbrella, snacks, water and extra undies. Right when we got to the park Sophie stepped in a swampy mud area covered with leaves. It soaked one of her feet and she was MAD. She has always hated getting wet and she was doubly upset since this was probably the only thing she wasn't prepared for! She sat on the bench for a while and I tried to get her to laugh at the situation but she just didn't think it was too funny at the moment. So I gave her my socks and dried off the inside of her shoe with a washcloth we had in the stroller and she cheered up and we had a fun time.


We've had amazing weather the last week or so and have taken full advantage by spending lots of time outside. Hooray for Spring!!!

... and a nice Sunday nap on the couch.

3 comments:

Dallin said...

I loved all the pics so much. How could you not buy lemonade from Nora? I bet she got a lot of tips. Sophie's hair is beautiful. All the kids have grown. Lexie I think you forget to put yourself in the pics?
Miss and love all of you,
dad

Johnson said...

Way to go Nora! Cute pics!

nauniesunflower@yahoo.com said...

Way to go Nora! $35!!! What a girl. You live on a great street for her business. Someone always running or biking by. All the pics are so adorable. Looks like you better be fixin to put in a sand pile for those cute boys! Miles face is so dirty it is hilarious. Sophie's hair is so long now. She is beautiful. Why even Skooter is adorable.