Friday, January 20, 2012

Date night, snow and randomness...

Brian and I had a fun date night a few weeks ago. We had a competition where each of us took turns coming up with some sort of challenge and we kept score of who won each competition. Some of the highlights were the wall sit, sliding across the wood floor, running around the outside of the house (before we had snow - but still COLD), paper airplane flights, tallest block tower and spinning around Cosmo Brown style on the floor. It must be noted that I won the competition. Mostly due to the fact that through a stroke of luck I won the blow-the-wadded-up-paper-ball-across-the-kitchen-table -with-a-straw-and-make-it-land-in-a-mug competition on my first try. Yes.
It is definitely winter now and I love it when it is warm enough to play outside in it. I don't care for the wind chills that put us in negative temperatures. Brrrr.
The girls had a great time building their prototypes in snowmen.
Wesley sporting his new coat. He'd been wearing one of the girls old winter coats that was red on the outside but it had pink sleeves and girly stripes on the inside. But I couldn't justify buying a brand new one when we had one that fit. Then I came across this one on clearance at Target for 8.00 and couldn't resist. He looks pretty cute in it, and since he'll probably wear it until April it will be worth it. Now he won't get mistaken for a girl everywhere we go.
Miles and Thomas are still going strong.
The girls doing a craft from a book they got at the library.
Wesley's new family night talent. When the kids are doing their handstand and somersaults and such Wesley has to join in.

4 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

Um, are those snow people holding hands? Because the picture wasn't cute enough. I love the date night ideas. It's a shame you didn't come up with that back when you lived next to the Seedalls, it could've been epic.

ashley said...

Fun date night! It reminds me of minute to win it in YW. Ah, the good old days! The kiddos are darling as always!

Dallin said...

Wow, you know how to make a dad and grandpa very, very homesick to see you guys. Love you,
d

John and Penny said...

Looks like you two are up to the usual - being creative on things to do that cost nothing! But a ton of fun! The kids are so adorable. I love Wes' head stand. He is getting so grown up, as they all are! Time to see you all again soon! Love you and miss you.