I didn't take that many pictures on Christmas morning, too busy enjoying it I guess, but it was a great morning. The kids slept until about 6:30 and they were so sweet. Right when we came out they immediately wanted Brian and I to open the gifts they had made for us. Awwwww. So cute. Brian got me an ipod nano! I was pretty surprised. Our old one broke and I use it to exercise with so I was pretty excited. I'm sure that's the only thing that has been holding me back from exercising this last month :) No excuses now. I got Brian a temple bag and a shutterfly calendar of the kids for his office. The girls got sewing baskets from Santa and a sewing machine (hooray for Black Friday!) to share from Brian and I, they were pretty happy!

Miles got trains and more trains! He was,
and still is, in heaven.

Nora got a Kit American Girl Doll. I had to put this picture in because you'll notice Sophie's reaction in the background. I'm sure she's thinking of the complete injustice of us making her save all year to buy her doll, and then Nora just gets one handed to her at Christmas!!

But honestly they are such different girls, I know there is
no way that Nora would ever have the diligence to save her money for a year. Even if we tried to make her she would probably be able to buy one when she turned 18. She truly would never be able to do it! And I wanted the girls to play together with them. I explained to Sophie that we bought Nora's doll used on craigslist for 1/2 the price and that she cost the same as Sophie's main gift. But Sophie was fine and they have been playing so cute together with their dolls, Sabrina and Kit. Nora was beyond thrilled that Kit was also wearing jammies that matched hers!

Our four cute girls :)

Here is Sophie's main gift: a camera!

And since I didn't have one picture of Wesley, here is a group one with him in it. He got trains and a Mr. Potato head. We gave him trains not only because he loves them - he can point out Thomas and Sir Topham Hat in our books, but it also gives him some leverage when playing with Miles!

And a picture of our puzzle this year. It was a little hefty for the kids (750 pieces) but the girls helped quite a bit and Brian and I finished it off by Christmas night.

We've had a bit of sickness traveling through our family the last week or so. Both Nora and Miles were throwing up the night before Christmas Eve, then Wesley, and then Sophie was sick and threw up Christmas morning so just Nora and I went to church... then I got it on Tuesday! Today we are all feeling better and hoping Brian won't get sick as well. Yuck!
3 comments:
We always get sick around Christmas too. Ick. But it looks like a great day despite the sickness:)
Ha! The look on Sophie's face is hillarious! The look of the camera face is so cute too! the girls look pretty happy with their dolls and the matching pj's! I think Miles could never have too many trains and I bet Wes will be just like him!
I agree with your mom, Sophie's expressions are so cute! Merry belated Christmas!
Post a Comment