Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Happy Halloween!

The kids had such a great time trick-or-treating this year. It was so much fun to watch their excitement. I made Sophie a poodle skirt and she wore that to school and to our ward trunk-or-treat and on Halloween on the way home from school she said, "Mom, how would you feel if I wore a different costume tonight?" I thought it was cute she was worried about hurting my feelings. So she was a Cowgirl and wore my boots, Brian's hat, Miles' plaid shirt and Nora's jean shirt! She looked pretty cute. Nora was a witch - her classic every other year costume. She pulled out this size 2 witch dress, paired it with some pants I cut up for Miles' pirate costume and ta-da, she was happy. Miles was, of course, Thomas. As if there was any other option! I found his costume brand new at the thrift store for 6.99 so that was awesome! Nora painted both her and Miles' faces :) Wesley was a dragon for our ward party and the cutest teddy bear ever on Halloween. Which was fun since he loooves bears right now and does a cute "rarrr" for a bear sound.
We walked around our block and Nora was cracking Brian and I up. She loves candy and she loves dressing up so Halloween was a dream come true for her. She would run from house to house giggling hysterically and kept pointing to all the houses that had porch lights on and saying, "We haven't been to that one!" So fun. And Miles got a Thomas dvd from the person at the first house we stopped at so his expectations were high. His standard saying all night was, "Trick or treat, smell my feet. I love Thomas!" Once Wesley got a piece of candy from someone he insisted on getting some at every house. He would hold out his hand and grunt and lean towards the candy bowl.
Crazy witch.

They got so much candy. I think the funnest part of Halloween is sorting the candy! They ate a few pieces and then I told them we'd buy it from them for 10 cents a piece.

1 comment:

Dallin said...

What scary little Goblins...