Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Random stuff & BIG news!

Spring is coming and we are so happy to be back outside again!! We've been busy lately - here's some of what we've been up to:
The girls had "dress like a character" day at school. Nora was Fancy Nancy and Sophie was Annie from the Magic Tree House books.
Wes is an expert sitter and is enjoying his new view of the world.
Love his cute chunky thighs.
The girls have had some 1/2 days off of school so on this day they put together a little circus for me. Nora is the tight rope walker and Sophie is holding the spotlight.
This provided entertainment for a very long time (notice the board Nora is walking on. She found it downstairs and spent a very long time decorating it).
Miles and Wesley were "playing" in their room together and Miles ran into the kitchen and brought in some hot pads and lay them down in front of Wesley. I asked him what they were for and he said, "Weswey is getting spit on the carpet." :)
We've spent some time playing with friends! This is our neighbor Benny who can't get close enough to Wesley. When they are together Benny spends most of his time trying to pat Wesley on the head. Cute little buddies!
Nora decided to wear my rain boots over the top of hers and they got pretty stuck. Brian had to use my hair dryer and dry the inside before they would pull off.
Brian went to Madison, Wisconsin and El Paso, Texas for interviews and got offered a job at both colleges. Yesterday we decided on Wisconsin and are very excited. It is the number one school in Brian's program so it will be a good move for our family and for his career. I'm quite proud of him and how hard he works at what he does. He's pretty awesome. So we'll be packing up and heading out of Michigan sometime this summer. We'll sure miss what we have here. I can't think about it yet because I start crying when I do. But it will be good to go on to the next chapter of our lives and not be in school anymore.

8 comments:

Dallin said...

Great pics. I love the last one but you really should include yourself in more photos.

Johnson said...

Congratulations Brian!!! How exciting. Your kids are so creative and cute! We can't wait to see you next month. Love you all!

ashley said...

I start crying when I think about it too:( but I am very excited for you guys! You deserve the best!

Andy & Ashlee said...

So, So exciting!! Wisconsin will be another great adventure I'm sure...even though we wish you were coming to Idaho. And I'm sure that Michigan will miss you immensely!

John and Penny said...

Well I always thought if my kids married someone from our hometown it was pretty safe they would stick around, boy was I WRONG!!!! WisconsinI guess will just be another state I get to visit! I am so happy and proud of youBrian! What an awesome famiy you are. Can't wait to see you when I come help you move. I love all the random pic. The kids are growing so fast. Can't wait to have someone play in our tree house this summer! Love you all!

Ann said...

Congrats you guys! That's great news! It is very hard leaving the Greencrest neighborhood! I still cry!

Little Wesley is so dang cute! Funny how chubby he is and how little Miles still is. Too cute

Jeremy & Andrea said...

we are so excited for you guys and your new adventure. We sure wish it was a tad closer but I guess we'll just have to still keep on each through blogs and f.b. hope your move goes smoothly.

Brady and Rachel said...

Well, not Oregon or even close, but CONGRATS!! How fun to head on to a new chapter of your lives. And the awesome memories you have from the current chapter to carry with you. SO EXCITED for you guys! I bet its nice just knowing where you are finally heading.